Chapter 12

Mira

When I woke up I didn't know where I was. I tried to get up but realized i was still tied. After awhile of struggling I sat up and looked around. I seemed to be in what looked like an underground cavern. For some reason I couldn't recall how I got here. "Hello?" I called out. "I never thought you'd wake up." Said a familiar voice behind me. I turned around. Pitch. "Get me out of here." I demanded. He leaned in closer. "You are so beautiful when you sleep. It would be such a shame if I have to kill you. Or you could just be here with me." He leaned in for a kiss. I pushed him off me with my untied feet. "I rather die then be here with you." I spat. Different emotions splashed across his face. Shock, anger, and pain. I left kinda bad because no one wanted him. I couldn't imagine be hated or feared all your life. I started to reach out to him but he slapped my hand away. "I don't need your sympathy." He said angrily. He shoved me in one of the hanging cages from the ceiling. I started kicking the cage but I knew it wouldn't do me any good. "You're a feisty one aren't you." Pitch smirked giving me a wink. "You can come out when you start behaving. Don't keep me waiting." He grabbed my face and kissed me right on the damn lips. I turned away in disgust.

Jack

Jack waited until he thought the others left and he left to go find Mira and Pitch. To find Pitch, Jack would have to go to the Forest of Darkness and Fear. It was terrible there. The trees were all twisted and the branches looked like they were going to grab you at any minute. He didn't want to go in there because whoever went in usually never came out. They meet their greatest fear and go insane never finding their way out. Jack shook his head. What am I thinking I'm a guardian I shouldn't be scared and in there is Mira and she needs me. He flew over the forest looking for a clearing when he heard voices and someone smashing against metal. It was coming from his left. He quickly flew down to where he found a hole. What he didn't know after he left the guardians came in Mira'a room. When they stepped in they saw the note on the floor that Jack left.

Mira

I kept running into the cage door hoping the I could break it open. After awhile I say down in defeat when from the corner of my eye I saw the unmistakable flash of white hair and the frosty blue eyes. "I really hope Jack doesn't come." Pitch said as he started walking toward me. "So it can be just me and you." He took my thigh and started to caress it. I swear he is on his period he has more mood swings then me. Is he trying to seduce me? Maybe I can play this to my advantage. "I guess Jack is not coming. I can be a good girl now." I gave him a flirty wink to add to the effect. I also made my voice low and seductive so that he would buy it. He opened the door of the cage and I slowly walked out. I flung my still tied wrist around him and pressed his face against my neck. When Jack caught my eye I winked and he nodded. I hope he has a plan because I can't take this anymore. I started to caress the back of his neck with my thumb and he groaned. "You're just so bad. I love it." I whispered while I pushed him close to me. I was running out of things to do or say. I really didn't feel like going to the extreme with him. "You are so good to me." He groaned his hand started sliding up my shirt. Ohmygosh what the hell am I supposed to do. My arms were stuck around him I couldn't do anything. "Get your hands off her." A voice behind Pitch growled. I felt Pitch go still and my hands cut free. I was about to get away from his grasp when he turned me around to face Jack with a knife to my throat. "Make one move and she's dead. It would be such a shame to spill such pretty blood. Wouldn't it Jack?" He put his snake like tongue on my cheek and licked the side of my face. I squirmed in disgust. I looked at Jack with pleading eyes.

Jack

The look she gave him hurt. Especially because he didn't know what to do. He just hoped that the other guardians would get his message before it was too late. "Give me the stick Jack. Before someone gets hurt." Jack hesitated, if he gave the stick at least he could be with Mira. But if he gave the stick then he would lose all his powers and wouldn't be a guardian anymore. He looked at Mira's bright blue eyes. Their job as guardians was to protect all children. He closed his eyes and when he opened them they were full of anger. "Why should I trust you? Last time we made this deal you broke it. Give me one good reason why I should trust you this time."

Pitch just laughed, "Well if you don't give it to me this will happen." He pressed the blade tighter against Mira's throat and beads of blood appeared. He had to stall Pitch until the others came. "Well this is a pretty impressive place you have." Jack gulped and hoped that Pitch wouldn't realize what he was trying to do. "Don't waste my time just hand me the staff or she goes bye-bye." Pitch snapped. Jack hung his head in defeat. Well what do I got to lose besides everything that I was meant for he thought. He slowly started to hand Pitch the staff when out of no where Tooth came down and swiped the knife from Pitch's hand. Mira was about to run from his grasp when Pitch grabbed her around the throat. She tried to kick and punch him but she couldn't. Jack looked at the entrance of the cave and saw all the guardians there. North, Tooth, Sandy and Bunny all stood in a line ready to fight with him. He could always count on them. It was kinda like having a family. It was the closest thing he had to a family. "Welcome everyone! I didn't expect to have company sorry for the mess." Pitch smirked. "Let us have the girl and no one will get hurt." North demanded. "Or what?" Pitch asked, "I'll be on the naughty list? Oh I'm so scared." Jack looked at Mira most of the blood was drain from her face. She didn't look too well. "What do you want from us Pitch?" Tooth asked. "To destroy you once and for all!" Pitch cackled. Swarms of the nightmare sand came streaming out from everywhere. "The ones that were left over I managed to lock up and fix them up a bit. Didn't take me long because I had mostly what I needed. The just don't feed on fear anymore, they also feed on the soul." As Pitch was saying this he started to float up with Mira still in his grasp and those black things circling him. He started to shoot everyone with the nightmare things. We easily destroyed it. "Is that the best you can do?" Jack called. Anger flashed through Pitch's eyes and he sent twice as more.