|| Chapter One ||

Party Time

I walked back into the bar, Cami was sitting at the bar with the original vampire.
"-I'm supposed to go to this posh charity thing thrown by this philanthropist tonight. He's a bit of a Gatsby, throws a mean party. Any interest? You can bring your little friend too, Arabella, right?" Rebekah talked to Cami as I walked in the door.
"I'm down, if your willing to go, Cam?" At that moment the mystery blonde left.
"I don't know Bell, that isn't my type of stuff" Cami rebounded.
"Nothing is your cup of tea Cam," I sighed.
"That's not true-"
"Not true my ass, Cam pleaseee!"
"Fine, but I'm not going for some cheesy ball gown," she sighed.
"I'm so excited!" I screeched, gaining attention in the bar.

‐‐------------------------------

Cami and I sat in my apartment getting ready. Cami was being all moppy and not wanting to go to the party but I had a secret trick up my sleeve, champagne. I kept it for girls' night with Chlo and Lilli.
"Why exactly are we doing this Bella?" Cami asked.
"Because... Why not? Cami tell me when was the last time you went to a party? A fancy party?"
"I don't know. But still, I shouldn't have to go to this fancy party, I don't even have a dress!"
"Well luckily for you, you have this amazing friend who will loan a dress... And some angel wings to make it a little slutty," I smiled but Cami wasn't amused.
"No!" She fought.
"Yes! Pleaseeee! Cami you'll look stellar." After a few minutes of asking and begging, Cami said yes. It was more of a 'fine', but I'll take it. "Okay Cami, start getting ready, I'm gonna go take a smoke quick!" I yelled as I walked out my balcony doors. I knew smoking was bad for me but it was a habit I couldn't shake. I smoked pot one day with a Chlo in high school and I then started smoking cigarettes. My mother would have burned me at the stake if she still had her magic.
I had moved out of my parent's apartment when I was 16. Not for any specific reason, I just needed a safe place and wanted to move further into the heart of New Orleans. So that's what I did. I bought a small little apartment (with my parent's help). I moved and got a part-time job to help me keep up the rent, whilst finishing my last year of high school, so I could finish earlier. When I finished early, I started college at The University of New Orleans.
There I meet Cami, she told me her brother had killed himself and his unit of seminary boys. I felt so bad for her. My life had been so easy. I was adopted, my parents were rich, and if anything was every was ever was my mom or dad would fix it.
I looked through the New Orleans streets. As I looked over I saw a man on the street, he was with Cami's mystery boy. The man was blondish and had a sharp jaw, he was cute. I decided to go back inside. "Cam?"
"Bella there is a man at your door?" she called.
"Don't let him in, go to my bedroom and continue to get ready, okay?" she followed my instructions and went to my room. I slowly walked to the door. "Hello?" I asked through the door. The person didn't answer. "Hello?" I looked through the peek hole and no one was there, was Cami delusional? No, she saw someone.
I decided to walk back to the room, "Hey, there was no one there, I think we were ding dong ditched"
"I swear I'm not craz-" I stopped her.
"Cam, I know you aren't crazy, I can promise you that," I explained, "Let's get back to doing our makeup"
I started to do Cami's makeup, something simple but cute, I then moved to my makeup, I did a simple wing with a nude lip and some blush. I then grabbed our dresses. Mine was very flowy, I bought it for a costume party a couple of years back, and I'm surprised it still fits. Anyways once Cami and I were ready it was already 6, shit!
"Cam! We have to go!" I yelled for her as she put the last of her jewelry on. I planned on just calling a cab or walking. But Cami insisted we drive, so we went down to the garage of my apartment and grabbed my car, and drove off. I never drove, I hated it. New Orleans wasn't the place where you drove. My parents drove when I was a kid but we lived across the river.

‐‐------------------------------

As we walked into the party my jaw dropped, literally. It was gorgeous. There were blue and white sparkles coming down from the ceiling. When Cami saw the blonde girl she walked over.
"Hello, darling. You look precious. I'm Rebekah by the way," Rebekah, as I just learned, spoke.
"This party is ridiculous, but I think I went a bit splashy with this dress," Cami said and I nudged her.
"She's just being innocent," I joked. Cami made eye contact with the man across the room, he was the man on the street earlier.
"Is he the infamous on-again/off-again?" Cam asked the girl. Then the guy started to walk over.
"He's the brother, actually, and my sister is right. "He smiled and looked at me, "You do look stunning. Both of you," Looking at Cami at the end of the phrase.
"You clean up pretty well yourself," I joked. The man's eyes never left me.
"Well, don't be fooled, love. I'm the devil in disguise." He smiled smugly and held up his mask.
"You two chit-chat. I need booze." Rebekah talked as she walked away.
"I'm gonna go with," I said as I walked with the blonde. I followed her to the bar, seeing Cami dance made me happy but with that guy, made me almost jealous.
"Scotch, please," she breathed to the bartender. I then saw Marcel walking over. I knew of Marcel, he and my father worked together many years past when I was younger, he wasn't my favorite man, in particular.
"You trying to be cute, inviting her here?" I stepped away when I realized they were talking about Cami.
"I think she's darling. I can tell you fancy her pure heart." Rebekah started, "Perhaps I'll feed it to you?"
"Hmm. Jealousy looks good on you, Bekah." Marcel responded. I decided at that point to walk away. I walked into a room downstairs, there were paintings of... me? Suddenly a man walked into the room.
"Looks like you've found the portraits, love," the man spoke. I was startled.
"Who are you? Is that me?" I asked.
"That," he moved some hair out of my face, "was Averill, I meet her years ago, you remind me of her, what is your name?"
"Arabella," I slowly looked away as he came up and touched my face.
"Arabella, will you come with me?" I nodded, giving him my hand, as he took it I felt sparks through my body. He walked me out of the room and over to the bar.
"Your Rebekah's brother?" I asked.
"Yes, she invited you and your friend here to distract Marcel. I know all about you, doll."
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked another question.
"You intrigue me little wolf, you seem so out of place here, while your friend, Camille fits right into place," he spoke. I wanted to know his name. But as I was about to ask it, a man came up to him and he handed him an envelope. "You should go check on your friend," and with that, he disappeared. I walked over to Cami, to make sure she was okay, I knew she liked Marcel but to what extent.
"You alright Cam?" I questioned her.
"He's got a temper, doesn't he? I guess this is the moment I remember I know better."
"Let's go home," I told her, grabbed her hand, and walked out of that bloody place.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: First Chapter done, Klaus and Ara meet relatively early but I promise there will be some suspense in their relationship.
Q: Who is your favorite character on TVDU?