|| Chapter Four ||

Family Drama?

In the five minutes I've been with Klaus Mikaelson, I have learned a few things. In order of importance the list goes:
1. Don't threaten Klaus' family around him (Which apparently now included me)
2. Don't look him straight in the eyes (Why? He's scary)
3. He's a fast walker (Maybe he's gay)
4. Stay away from Marcel (Apparently he's like Klaus' son or some shit)

As I sat on a couch in the place that was filled with decor from a few nights ago, I could hear Klaus and Marcel fighting upstairs. Marcel spoke, "She's the daughter of a freaking vampire hunter, Klaus! Her family can't be trusted!"

"You don't understand Marcel, I have been waiting to find Averril for over a century! I need her!" Klaus talked back. I was honestly sick of the Averril girl, like who has the right to compare to some dead bitch from like the 1800s or some shit.

"Averril is dead!" Marcel tried to get into his brain. I decided to get up and walk to the room where they were talking very loudly.

"She's right downstairs Marcel! She's right there! S-she can't be dead!" I then walked into the room.

"Look I don't know who you are talking about?! My name isn't Averril or some shit! My name is Arabella Ward and I'm so confused about what is happening right now!" I shouted to interpret their discussions.

"Ward? You can't be a Ward" Marcel laughed, "Your father's a human and your mother's a witch,"

"Well duh, I know I'm adopted," My parents were always open about that part of my life.

"Adopted by a nonwolf couple? How did you control your anger?" Marcel asked.

"I don't know I guess I was never a really angry kid," I explained.

"That has to be wrong, every wolf is angry by instinct, it's part of our nature," Klaus explained.

"Wel- Wait I never told you I was a wolf, how did you know?" I asked.

"I'm a hybrid love, I can smell your wolf," Klaus flirted. God, I hated men. Klaus was so irritating. He was like my High School history teacher. He always thinks he's the smartest in the room. Spitting facts like he knows shit when he doesn't.

"I'm outta here," Marcel started, "Have fun doing whatever this is." And with that, Marcel left.

After Marcel left I spoke, "Look, Klaus, you seem like a... decent guy. But I'm not in the mood to go on adventures with my soulmate, who let me add, is an original hybrid," Klaus looked upset with my words. I knew I hurt him but I'm 21 and not ready to be in a committed relationship! That seems fair, right? I then started to leave.

"You do not get to leave while I'm talking to you!" I turned around, his eyes glowing yellow.

"Well news flash Mikaelson, you weren't! And I don't think you have any right to say what I can and cannot do!" Klaus sat down on the couch in the room. I felt... bad, this man (can I even call him that), has probably thousands of years of trauma. Stuff that I can't handle right now. I sat down next to him, "Look, I'm... sorry. I'm 21 and honestly not ready to commit to being in a relationship for the rest of my life," He didn't speak, "Klaus..." he flinched away as I tried to touch him, "I'm... so sorry, I know you've been hurt and I want to help... honestly"

"You really think you can help me? Your a- a nobody! I am the original hybrid! I could kill you with the snap of my fingers!" Klaus yelled at me, I could see the hurt behind his eyes.

I stood up and said, "You really think you would hurt me? You've spent decades trying to find me!"

"I'm- AH" He hit a lamp across the room. I ran out of the room. I couldn't be around him. He was fragile and a dumb weak man who didn't understand emotions.

------------------------------------------------------

As I left Marcel's mansion I went to the bayou to see Eve when I heard a noise come from the house. I walked over. A man was laying on the bed of one of the old abandoned houses with Hayley kneeling next to him. It looked like he had a wolf bit.

Hayley saw me and I ran off, "Hey! Come back!" She yelled but I didn't stop running till I reached Mary's place.

Something was wrong. Someone had been here and Mary was gone.

With shaky hands, I pulled out my phone and called Chloe.

"Can't come to the phone. Don't leave a message, I won't listen to it" her voice mail rang. I then rang Rebekah, she had given me her number at the party.

"Who the hell is this?" she answered.

"Rebekah, it's Arabella, I need your help! Look I know you are not human, I know you are a vampire and my friend has gone missing and I can smell a wolf, male, 20s at the latest. I'm in the bayou,"

"I just left town, let me give you my brother's number, he can help you," she then hung up. In the next few seconds, I got a text from her. I clicked on the phone number, it rang for a couple of seconds before someone answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Bloody hell Bekah was right," the man said.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"My names Kol,"

------------------------------------------------------

A/N : I know it's short and yes I did bring Kol back a season early but don't worry I have big plans. I'm kind of stuck on Klaus and Arabella so that's why it took me so long for this chapter. I love you guys!

QOOTD: What is your favorite TVDU species?