|| Chapter Five ||

It's Ancient History

Kol told me to meet him at a location in New Orleans. Some tombs at the cemetery had been sealed in the 1910s by the witches when they were jealous of what he was doing. When I arrived Chloe was there.

"Chloe?! What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"You two know each other?" Kol questioned, "good this will make this a lot easier." Kol pushed Chloe towards the door. One thing many people didn't know was that Chloe was a siphoner witch. Her family moved from the Gemini coven two hundred years ago. That meant she could siphon the magic from the tomb. Then she'd be powerful but who knows what Kol would want with her after that.

She hesitated but Kol urged her to do it. As Chloe started to siphon the magic, her hands started to shake. Once it was done she stepped back and sat down on one of the benches in the cemetery. I ran to her. "What are you doing with him?"

"He's helping me with my magic, Aria. He has been for a few months. Keeping it secret from Davina."

"So what you've been hanging around an original? Did you know?" I asked. Kol had already gone inside the tomb.

"Yeah, he saw my lock screen and questioned me who you were. When I told him..." I couldn't get the half-truth from her at that moment. I went inside the tomb.

"Who am I to Klaus Mikaelson?" I asked Kol, "And don't say 'soulmate', because I've heard that shitty excuse so many times."

"Arabella, daughter of William and Alessia Labonair, second in line to the crescent line pack. Twin sister to Andrea Labonair. Great-great-great-great granddaughter of Averill Labonair, Klaus Mikaelson's thought to be a soulmate. Best friend to Chloe Corbin and Meredith Kenner. I know more about you than you know about yourself. So you really want yo know?" He asked. I nodded. "Klaus meet Avery when she was 17, we had just moved to New Orleans..."

[1703 New Orleans]

Klaus had been scouring the Earth for a girl just like Avery. Sassy but kind and funny. She put her family first. When our father had made a flee one time after another we arrived at the New Orleans Port in 1702. Rebekah had fed on all the men in the boat after being undaggered. I had stretched my legs for the first time in years. At first, we stayed with a werewolf family, the Laboniars. The Crescent Pack was welcoming to our family. We provided money and they provided shelter and a safe place for Nik.

"Klaus," Averill laughed as they sat by a tree in the bayou, "We both should go home, you know my parents have found a soutor for me,"

"Avery, don't go, I'll have to go home and be bothered by Kol and Bekah again," The girl hugged the bad man.

As much as everyone hated Niklaus Mikaelson, Averill cared for him. Little did Klaus know that Avery was working with a witch who had prophesied you, Arabella. Averill manipulated Klaus. Made him think she loved him. The witch told him that she was his soulmate. Two years later Avery was killed by a rogue vampire. Klaus was distraught for over four decades. We left the Bayou and moved into the compound. Nik became vicious for power. Wanting to be a king. The King.

[Present Day]

"So Averill just wanted Klaus for power?" I asked, "What did she really want? Immortality? Is that why Klaus won't trust me? Because he's the hybrid?"

"I guess you could say that. Now, tell me about your friend?"

"Meredith's a Crescent wolf, like me, we are always being hunted." I explained, "She could've triggered her curse but she wouldn't have turned yet, not until after the next full moon,"

"Who would want her so bad, that they just would've taken her? Everyone in this city has their reasons to not like the wolfs but why her?" he asked.

"Marcel. H-he told me if I didn't stay away from Klaus he'd hurt me in ways I couldn't even imagine."

"Chloe," Kol yelled. My red-haired friend walked into the room, "I need you to do that locator spell that I taught you"

"So what is this place? Why aee you using Chloe?" I asked.

"This tomb has been sealed for almost 100 years. With it I plan to bring my brother back," he said.

"Klaus?" I questioned.

"No and not Elijah or Finn, Henrik." Kol explained, "Henrik was the reason my mother turned me and my siblings into what we are, monsters. He died from the wolves in our village. Klaus and he snuck out on the night of the full moon."

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It was a long time ago, but Henrik deserves to live. With your friends siphoning magic and some other powerful witches,"

"So your bringing someone back from the dead? How are you even alive? I mean hundres, maybe even thousands of vampires died after you were staked,"

"Art of deception" he answered, "they all actually died, but me? Witches"

"Its always the witches"

"Aria, I found her!" Chloe exclaimed, "Marcel has her"

QOOTD : did you watch legacies?