Pitch Returns

🕊Cupid🕊

Many years after my first contact with Manny, I soon realized what I was meant to do as a guardian. Most say, I shoot arrows to make people fall in love. While that may have been the case, before. I have a much greater purpose. I teach children what exactly love is and I protect their love with my life. That's the way it has always been, and I couldn't ask for anything else.

The best part about being a guardian is that I'm not alone! Throughout the years, I've met some wonderful people, my friends: North, Bunny, Tooth, and Sandy. But you may know them as their legend names: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and the Sandman. The Man in the Moon chose the five of us when the children of the world were in dire need of protection. From what? Nobody but the Boogie Man himself, Pitch Black. Using our gifts, we manage to seal this nightmare into the shadows. Leaving Pitch to be forgotten in the Dark Ages of history. He hasn't dared to come back since, or so we thought.

Cut to present day, I'm flying through the busy streets of Paris. Feeling the rush of the winds over my wings, the warmth of the sun on my skin, I felt alive! I finally land at the top of the Eiffle Tower and marveled at the perfect view. I look down beneath the tower, hoping to catch a happy couple, or two, in the tightness hold of love. Instead I find a child sitting by one of the legs of the tower, he was was hugging his knees close to his chest.

"O agapité.." I mutter as I glided myself down to the kid. Pulling out my best French, I lightly tap on the little boy's arm and he is immediately startled. "Hey there." I notice his eyes were puffy along with his tear stained face. "What's the matter?"

The boy, who didn't look any older than 7, sniffed while cleaning his nose with his sweater sleeve. "My parents are fighting again..*hic* and maman (mom) wants to get a d-divorce and take me with her..*sniff*" his voice was getting choked up, "b-but.. I still wanna stay with p-père (dad)..*sobs* why don't they love each other anymore?!"

I could feel my own heart break after hearing his story. I sat down next to him and wrapped one arm over his shoulders hugged him close. I let the boy cry and get it all out of his system. The poor thing.. Once he had calmed down a bit, I knew this was the right time to give him my advice.

"Love.. is a very complicated thing, especially among couples. It's okay for them to fight every now and then. But if they fight too much, then there's a problem they can never overcome."

"What is it then?...Is it me?"

I gasped, "no, child, no! It's never your fault! Some couples just don't work out, and they don't realize it until years later. That doesn't mean they blame you. I'm certain that your parents love you most of all in this world. They just don't feel that way towards each other anymore. And if they can't fix the problems they have, then splitting up is probably for the best."

"..I don't-"

"PIERRE!...PIEERREE!!"  We suddenly hear shouting coming from both a male and female adults. They were getting closer and I  could see them searching for a certain someone.

"Looks like they're looking for you, Pierre."

The little boy stood and rushed to his mother and father, calling for their attention. "Maman! Papa!"

The parents see their beloved son and rushed to him as well. They all gathered in a group hug, the mother kissing all over the boy's face and the father ruffling his son's hair.

"We were so worried about you!" The mother cried. "Why did you run away??"

Pierre gave me a glance, which the the patents didn't notice, and I nodded for him to tell the truth.