Just An Expression

❄️Frost❄️

Everyday was like every other. Well, I guess you could say night, if you were in Russia. I was having my usual mischievous fun. Frosting the already cold streets that caused a guy to slip and fall back, freezing a kids tongue onto streaming fountain water, froze the water surface of another kid's fishbowl, and blew away some guys work paper out their open window. I laughed to myself as I was enjoying my wonderful mayhem.

"Hahaha, phew," I land on a roof tower, satisfied by my work. "Now that, that was fun. Hey wind!" I call out as the strong winter breeze came towards me, "take me home!" And so it did. I was brought back to my modern, home town, Burgess. To where I had brought upon my famous- "Snow day!!"

I took a quick glide through the streets as I headed towards the lake I came from. The wind I brought with me gave a strong breeze that made Jamie- a boy from the neighborhood- drop the book he was reading. I land to get a better look and tilt my head his curiosity as Jamie picked it back up.

"Huh, that looks interesting. S'it a good book?" I asked. Jamie's friends then came up from behind him cheering, "snow day" with excitement. To which I said "you're welcome," without receiving a reply. Following the playful kids, I couldn't help but listen in on they're conversation.

"Are you guys coming to the egg hunt Sunday?" Jamie asked his twin buddies.

Caleb threw his fists up in the air and exclaimed, "yeah! Free candy!"

"I hope we can find the eggs in all this snow!" His brother Claude adds.

The three boys made they're way to Jamie's house, skimming through his book he lights up reading on of the entries. "Woah! It says hear that they found Bigfoot hair samples and DNA in Michigan! That's like super-close!"

"Here we go again." Cluade chuckled.

"You saw that video too Claude," Jamie said putting down his book to grab his sled, "he's out there."

His friends began to tease him jokingly about how he believes so easily in every legend and myth. Even though they believed in them too.

"That's what to said about aliens."

"And the Easter Bunny!" I look back at the group to which Jamie defends.

"The Easter Bunny is real."

I smirked at this, "oh, he's real all right. Real annoying, real grumpy, and really full of himself." Of course, no one heard me.

"Come on, you guys will believe anything!"

Sophie, Jamie's little sister, comes out from the house porches hopping, pretending to be the Easter Bunny herself. But their dog Abby jumps down from the steps and pushes Sophie to the ground belly first. She starts to cry a bit as Jamie called out to his mother.

"Mooom! Sophie fell again!"

She comes out, helping Sophie up and had a winter's hat in her hands. So before Jamie went off his friends, his mom held him back for a second to make him put it on.

"Jamie, hat. You don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose." She teased.

Jamie gave a questionable look, "who's Jack Frost?"

To which his mother replied with, "no one, honey. It's just and expression."

"Wh- Hey!" I glared at her walking away. Picking up some snow, I molded it into a ball and scoffed. "Who's Jack Frost?" I quoted with a smirk, blowing onto the snowball and gave it a glimmer glow. Pulling back my arm, I then threw the snowball far ahead to where it would hit Jamie on the neck.

I got closer. As I saw my magic do it's work, Jamie had let out a chuckle. "Okay, who threw that?"

"Well, it wasn't Big Foot, kiddo." I answered him.

Jamie then made his own snowballs and chucked them at two unsuspecting kids that were building a snowman. The first victim fell forward and the second fell back.

She held her head as she shouted, "Jamie Bennett, no fair!"

"You struck first!"

I then threw snowballs at the twins and started a free-for-all amongst the kids. I made amo for each of them as they attacked one another. All the kids were having fun, but one got a little carried away and hit the scary girl up the street that was building a snowman.

"Crud! I hit Cupcake!" She shrunk back.

"You hit Cupcake..?"

The girl: Cupcake, turned around slowly, anger painted on face. It looked that she was about to beat these harmless kids. Over a snow ball to the head? Well, let's see how she's like a snowball..to the face. I rolled the snow in my frosty hands and gave it a blow of magic. Unsuspecting to her, I threw it fast- not like she would see me do it- and it hit her right in center!

The once frightened kids were now confused, asking each other who threw that snow ball. A few suspenseful seconds go by until we collectively hear laughter break out from Cupcake. Then, she was playing with everyone else, chasing them with the snowman head she had in her hands. They we're all having fun together. I joined in as I frozen the ice, causing Jamie to slip and fall on his sled, but I did one better. I made the frozen ice trail through the street, much to the worry of Jamie's friends. He was scared at first, too, but I made sure he was alright, and his fears went away. I took the boy around the block and the town's people were shocked to see the shenanigans taking place, even caused traffic. Then, for the finish, I created a ramp that sent Jamie flying up. Him and his friends were in awe until he plummeted at the foot of the town statue. I cheered as Jamie's friends came to check on him. Don't worry, the kid was alright.

"... Woah-ho-ho! Did you guys see that?!" Jamie asked excitedly, pulling himself up. "It was amazing! I did a jump a- and I slid under-- pprfft!"

Jamie was abruptly cut off by a couch hitting him down. "Oops." I squinted my eyes. Yeah, that one's on me.

And yet, Jamie was still full on high spirits, 'cause he jumped up again and had a small tooth between his fingers. "Cool, a tooth!"

Then, that's when it all went sideways. The group started talking about the Tooth Fairy and how lucky Jamie was. I frustratingly shook my head. I tried to talk to them. Tried to tell them that all that fun we were having was because of me.

"What's a guy gotta do to get a little attention around here-?" I flew in front of them but they just walked past me. Like they always do...