5. The three clans

Maverick dreaded the day the clans would arrive,
What made it even worse was that he couldn't hang out with Y/N as much as he would of liked as she was to busy helping his mother prepare the castle for the three Clans.

As of now, Maverick sat in him room as his mother helped him get ready.
She had forced him to wear a light blue suit that was way to small for him.

Maverick yelped in pain as Elinor brushed back his knotted curls,
"Mum- wheres- Y/N?" Maverick asked through gritted teeth, still yelling with each pull.

"She'll be here soon, I've asked her to great the lords"

Elinor now stepped away from her son and admired him.
She gushed.
"You look absolutely handsome!"

Maverick stood there as he cringed.
"I can't breath!"

Elinor ignored his obvious uncomfortable stance.
"Give us turn!"

Maverick turned around, although he struggled to do so.
"I can't move?! It's to tight!"

"It's perfect!" Elinor was close to tears as she brought her hands over her mouth.

Maverick continued to groan loudly.

Elinors face softened, she opened her mouth to speak which Maverick caught notice of.
He looked up at her hopefully.
"Maverick.."

"Mum?"

"Just-" Elinor stepped towards him, she paused for a moment before shaking her head and sighing.
"-remember to smile"

Just then, a knock at the door startled the both of them.
Elinor cupped her hands and turned towards the door, Y/N stepped through the room.

"My queen, the clans have arrived and have already docked" Y/N lightly curtsied.
Maverick hated when she did that, especially to him when they were in a public setting.
"I greeted them like how you wished"

Elinor smiled softly.
"Thank you Y/N" Elinor nodded her head in respect before beginning to walk out the room, she looked back at Maverick unsurely before turning away once again.

Once Y/N was sure The queen was out of earshot she spoke.
"How tight did she make it?" She laughed.

Maverick groaned and tried to stretch out his arms, he couldn't go to far.
"I'm gonna pass out!"

Y/N laughed once again as she stepped towards him.
"I don't like the hair"
She brushed her fingers through his hair brining it back to its natural state.
"If your mum asks what happened just say it didn't hold"

Maverick grinned.

"But your mother wasn't lying, you do look handsome" Y/N admitted bringing her hand to his cheek.
She brushed her thumb along his cheek, she wiped of some crumbs from Breakfast that Elinor had missed. causing a blush to rise to Mavericks cheeks.

He gulped and brushed Y/Ns hands away, cupping then in his own.
"I'm not getting married Y/N"

She only smiled sadly, as if she didn't believe it.

"I mean it Y/N! This isn't going to happen"

"Are you sure I can't do anything?" Y/N asked defeatedly, she looked to the ground.

"I'm sure, I don't want to get you into trouble" Maverick smiled down at her.
"I'll think of something"

————-

"Places everyone! Places!" Elinor called softly as she waved for the people to take their seats.
Y/N stood by Elinors Throne with her hands held together at the front.