8. Woodcarver or witch?

—————

Without knocking, Maverick opened the wooded door and allowed himself in.
Y/N rolled her eyes and shoved him on the shoulder lightly.

Maverick payed no mind, just grabbed her hand that had shoved him back into his own as he looked around the place.

"Uh.." Maverick pondered out loud.
The place was filled with wood carvings of bears.
Bear statues, bear Bowles and cups, anything that was considered an everyday item and bean shaped into a bear in any way it Could.

"Oh! Look around! Holler if you see anything you like"
The two turned towards the voice to see an older woman with big white hair and a hunched back, she was working on a bigger bear statue.
"Everything is half off"

Before glancing around the place again Y/N spoke towards the woman.
"Who are you?"

"Just a wood carver"

"I don't, understand" Maverick spoke as Y/N picked up a bear pot, it's ears which was used for the handles.

"See anything you like?" The women spoke, Y/N jumped back into Maverick who caught onto her waist protectively.
The woman had jumped up from behind, scaring the two with how close she was.
"Perhaps a touch of whimsy to brighten any dark chamber!"
The woman ran over to a carving of two bears on a seesaw.

"But the the willo' the whisps, they lead-"
Y/N started to gaze around the shop. Her breath stopping once she saw the broom cleaning on its own.

She reached out for Maverick and kept tapping his shoulder.
"Maverick.." she said fearfully but he wasn't listening, still talking to the woman.

"Oh this is one of a kind! I'll make ya deal for this rare prize!"

"Maverick!" Y/N finally scolded, eyes still locked onto the Broom.
He finally looked over at her in concern.

"What?"

"The broom! It's sweeping on its own!"
Y/N semi shouted, gripping onto Mavericks arm.
His eyes winded in shock.

The woman snapped her fingers and the broom fell to the floor.

"That's ridiculous! Wood cannot be imbued with magical property. I should know, I'm a wi...whistler...of wood!" The "whistler" of wood stuttered.
"Oh how about this conversation starter!" The woman attempted to change the subject by presenting a carved out piece of wood with two bears reaching out for each other.

The two walked back, accidentally hitting some wood bears that hang above.
A crow stood next to them and they looked at it in curiosity.

"Oh, that's stuffed" the woman scolded as Y/N reached out for it.

"Staring is rude!" The crow suddenly spoke, snapping at Y/Ns fingers making her gasp and stumble back.

"The crow's talking!" Maverick yelled, pointing towards it as he stood by Y/N who was still on the floor.

"And it tried to bite me!" Y/N yelled, holding her almost bit finger to her chest.

"That's your own fault! Don't wave your finger in front of my face"
The crow snapped.
"I can do way more see, La-la-la-la-la...."

The woman clicked her fingers and the broom flew
up from the floor and whacked the bird off from where it was standing.

The broom started to sweep the crow away but the crow stood up and hissed at it causing the broom to hide away.

"You're a witch!" Maverick finally accused, pointing a finger towards the woman.

"Wood carver.." the witch sand as she started to carve a new piece.