10. Consequence

Y/N eyelids felt very heavy as they walked to find the cottage, but she kept shaking it off and pushing forward.

Maverick noticed her yawn for the third time in two minutes, he raised his brow in question.
"If yer gettin' to tired to walk I can carry ye"

Y/N waved him off with another yawn. "It's just the running all around the castle, it was draining" Y/N moped.

"Aye" Maverick hugged a small chuckle. "Ye not usually asleep for another two hours" he nudged her on the shoulder with a small smirk.
Y/N grinned, nudging him back, but their faces fell when they realised they were back at the stones.

They both walked out, scoping around and out the forest.
"Where are these wisps?" Mavericks muttered under his breath.
"Come out wisps! Come out!"

"I don't get it, aren't they meant to come when you need them most?" Y/N asked aloud, still peaking through the forest.

"Well, they're supposed to" he grunted. "Lead us to the witches cottage!"

"We're here!" Y/N called, cupping her hands around her mouth. "Hello...!"

"Fine! Don't come out now that my mums watching" he said sarcastically.

The queen groaned in protest. "We were standing right here!" Maverick gestured to the spot he was standing on defensively.
"The wisps appeared right there!"

"And then showed us to the cottage" Y/N further explained, stepping beside Maverick and gesturing out with her hands.
"There was a whole trail of them, leading all the way down.."

But the queen waved her hands to get her to stop talking.

Maverick looked from Y/N to his mum, scoffing at the queen as she started walking off on her own.
Maverick looked back at Y/N, giving her a disbelieving look.
Y/N only shrugged in reply.

"What does she think? We're just gonna happen upon a witches cottage?" Maverick rambled, watching after his mum who continued to walk.

"We might as well try" Y/N sighed causing Maverick to look at her.
"If the wisps won't lead us where to go it's our best shot rather than just waiting around"

Maverick just grunted, pulling the bow over his shoulder and beginning to walk after his mother.

——

They continued to walk down into the dark woods, Maverick was making it known he was frustrated and Y/N was walking bordely, eyes half closed and she fought sleep.

Maverick then paused, now recognising the surroundings.
"Mum! I know this place"

Y/N tilted her head up at Maverick as he turned to look around again.
"Y/N, do you remember?"

Y/N squinted as she looked around. "Yeah... yeah! I remember passing this large rock" Y/N pointed at it, slowly becoming excited.
"It's that way!"

"C'mon! Hurry!" Maverick grinned in relief, quickly running down the path.

Y/N followed, running closely behind him.

Y/N pushed bushed and dodged hanging branches, stopping with Maverick over a slight hill.
The cottage was just before them.

"We found it! We actually found it!" Maverick grinned, turning to Y/N who also smiled.

They quickly climbed their way down.

The queen groaned, unsure if they should go down.

Maverick slammed the door open, his face falling as the place was completely cleared out.
What stayed was a small table of vile's and a cauldron.
"What?! No!"