Stevie it's gonna be Okay- Stucky

In Honor of our Star Spangled Man with a Plan's birthday, here is some Sad Stucky to happy and fluffy. 

If there was one thing Steve Rogers has always hated, it was fireworks; he hated the loud sound that rattled his eardrums, forcing his hands to cover them in hopes of blocking out the loud booming sounds of gunpowder exploding in the air. Even way back in the Fourties, Steve didn't like fireworks all that much, but he always had Bucky to shield his ears from the loud booming. Still, then he went to war, and all that he can associate that sound is with the death and destruction he saw when fighting for his country and the death of Bucky when he fell off the train, so when he woke up out of the ice every year on his birthday and the days leading up, he never left his room hating that fireworks were shot off at all times of the day just to celebrate our broken country that is but isn't free at the same time. When he became Captain America, he always found it Ironic considering that his birthday fell on the same day. 

And This year was no different except that he had Bucky back, so when the Fireworks began, he quickly headed to his room to deal with it on his own; Bucky didn't know that he still didn't like fireworks, but when he noticed Steve wasn't celebrating and joining the team in watching the fireworks light up the sky of New York he turned to his friends. 

" Hey, Guys, Where Steve?" Tony turned to face Bucky with a lighter in his hands 

" Huh? Oh, Steve has never joined us for this always says he's tired and goes to his room. We never thought much of it" Bucky furrowed his brows because he remembered him and Steve always watching the Fireworks on his birthday on the roof of their old apartment, but the realization hit Bucky as Tony set off one of the big fireworks making Bucky duck and cover his ears as the memories of the War and HYDRA went through his head which made him run down to his Stevie Remembering that he always held Steve's ears to protect him from the loud noise. 

more and More fireworks were shot off, which only made Steve cringe more and more into the corner of his bed, holding his ears closed and letting silent tears fall down his cheeks when a knock on his door forced him out of his bed to open it and to be met by his Boyfriend and Best friend

" 'mSorry Stevie that I wasn't here earlier" Steve smiled, but that changed when a boom so loud shook the windows of his bedroom forcing him down to his knees and covering his ears which caused Bucky to follow and hold him close 

" Still don't like the fireworks, huh?" Bucky questioned, holding Steve close to his chest 

" Not really reminds me of the war and when you fell, all of the gunshots and men falling at our feet as we tried to fight for the greater good, and there's just too much trauma there," Bucky nodded, understanding. 

" I get it, Stevie, I didn't think they were going to bother me until I heard it on the roof, and that's when I remembered how I would always hold your ears. Then it brought back the memories of the War and HYDRA, so I rushed down here as fast as I could" Steve Clung to Bucky tighter as the booming outside only got louder and louder in his ears, and the rattling of windows got harder. Bucky and Steve clung to one another until it stopped long enough for them to stand up.

" Come on, Stevie, let's get in bed" Steve nodded and picked himself up and plopped himself onto his bed in his boyfriend's arms when another firework rang out, causing him to jump and Whimper into the arms of the love of his life.

" S'okay Stevie, It's gonna be okay, here" Bucky shifted Steve so that one ear was pressed against his chest right on his heart as he placed his free hand over Steve's ear.

" I got you, I got you," he whispered to his lover as more fireworks burst in the sky.

" Just listen to my heart, Doll. I got you till the end of the line" Bucky softly kissed the top of Steve's head before pulling him closer. 

" Thank you, Buck," Steve whispered into the night. 

" Don't know what I would do without you. I love you, 'ya Jerk" Bucky smirked and placed one more kiss on Steve's forehead.

" I love you too, Punk."

So, in the end, Steve got his Bucky back to protect him from the fireworks that rattled his ears and brought back horrid memories with each boom, so all in all, they had one another to hold onto, to remind them that everything was going to be okay. So every 4th of July, they cuddled up in their room and held each other, stealing kisses now and then.

Okay, I know I have been MIA for a while now, but I kind of just write whenever I feel like it, and I have ideas. I have so many I just don't know how to put them into words, but I hope to be publishing more soon. I have some good ideas in mind, but check out my other books while you're at it, only if you want.