Chapter 6: Don't Miss Me Too Much

It's dark and rainy outside of Nero and Kyrie's small home. The house is completely black besides a flickering light emitting from their bedroom. The faint gasping of Kyrie and the gentle knocking of a headboard rhythmically hitting against the wall ring throughout the home.

Inside, Kyrie slowly rides on top of Nero. She throws her head back as she arches her back and cums. Nero grips onto her hips tightly while he watches her. Kyrie leans forward.

"I love you, Nero."

"Kyrie..."

Nero rolls on top of her and takes over. He slowly pushes himself deep into her. She wraps her legs around him. His hands travel along the side of her supple body. He kisses her passionately as they slowly make love. Nero lifts up from Kyrie, and for a brief moment he sees Bayonetta! A look of panic hits his face. Kyrie notices.

"Nero... Nero, what's wrong?"

He shakes it off.

"N-nothing," he smiles while kissing along the side of her neck.

Kyrie knows it's nothing. Nero thrusts a little harder then immediately pulls out. He finishes on her stomach. He breathes heavily with his head hanging low. Kyrie gingerly wipes the dewy head clean. Nero looks at her and smiles. He kisses her hand.

"Let me... get a towel."

"No. It's fine," she smiles. "Just lay here with me."

Nero lays down next to her. She snuggles up in his arms, he holds her tightly. She sighs, still bothered by Nero's response. She presses her ear against his chest, and listens to his racing heart gradually slow down.

"Nero?"

"Hmm?"

"Are... are you sure nothing's wrong? You can tell me, you know."

Nero thinks for a moment, and decides to lie.

"It's... my old man."

Kyrie gives him her full attention.

"It's kinda weird... having him around. Though he's not really around. I guess... I don't know. Been thinking about him a lot. It's fucking annoying!"

Kyrie caresses his face.

"This will soon pass, Nero. Maybe if you see him you can get whatever you're feeling off your chest. Don't keep it bottled in."

He kisses her on the forehead.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow."

She makes herself smaller in his arms. He squeezes her slightly.

"Good."

The two of them fall asleep.

In the middle of the night Nero awakens. He carefully gets out of bed in his boxers, not to disturb Kyrie. She's sound asleep. He stretches a bit and heads downstairs to the kitchen for a glass of water. In the kitchen, he grabs a mug from the cabinet, then fills it with tap water from the sink. He takes two big gulps then pours the rest down the drain. Nero's lost in thought. Images of Bayonetta race through his mind. He's aggravated. Not ready to go back to bed, he makes his way down into his garage.

He turns on a lamp at his workbench then stops in his tracks. He takes a deep inhale then chortles. He smells a very distinct perfume.

"You might as well come out. I know you're in here."

Silence.

Then soft heels cling against the cement floor, and Bayonetta emerges from the shadows. She's wet from the rain.