Chapter 8

Recap

"Rima-chan, you are the last one," Mrs. Fujisaki said after about an hour of the other girls dancing.

"Alright," I said.

"You may pick some music," she informed me. I didn't have anything planned.

"Here use my Ipod," Utau said as she handed it to me. I set it up to the I pod player that was conveniently in the room and picked random. Who knew what songs Utau listened to besides her own. I stood in front of everyone. I gave Nadeshiko a worried look. She gave me a reassuring smile. I had to at least try.

Chapter 9 Nadeshiko is too Good at Cards

*Rima's POV*

Music began to play. It was Toxic by Brittany Spears. This was not a song for traditional dance. My dance was going to be complete different from all the other girls. I just started to sway and try to get into the music. I kept looking at Nadeshiko. She didn't stop smiling.

"Yo Rima, Nagi...I mean Nade says that you will do fine. You just need to go with the flow," Rhythm said as he some how snuck in without any of my friends seeing him. He hid in my hair and whispered in my ear. Just go with the flow.

"Thanks," I breathed. I didn't want to look crazy. I closed my eyes. As soon as the words began my body had no control. I had control but mentally I had no idea what was going on. This wasn't a character change. This was me dancing. My body just seemed to know what to do. I burst through with this energy using modern dancing moves instead of traditional ones. I didn't dare look at his grandma but I did catch a glimpse of his mom. She had a big smile on her face. Does that mean I was doing well?

My body moved, shook, turned, and much more I can't even begin to describe. How did I get this good? I guess with years of practice this was probably nothing. All of my friends watched me with awe. The music ended and I did a finishing pose. My friends, except for Nadeshiko, clapped. The only reason popped into my head. It was rude to clap until they were sure that the dance was done.

"I am finished," I informed everyone. Everyone began to clap. I bowed towards the older women and then sat down next to Nadeshiko.

"That was awesome Mashiro!" Kukai cheered.

"I admit it, chibi has some moves," Utau complimented.

"Rima, I never knew you were that good," Amu said.

"I'm pretty sure to the amateur eye that it was great but there was a few times I almost slipped," I said being modest. I honestly don't know how good or bad it was. I looked at Nadeshiko. She had a smile on her face.

"What do you think Nadeshiko?" I asked.

"I think it was wonderful. You just felt what's right and went with the flow," Nadeshiko said. Rhythm popped out of my hair a little to give her a thumbs up. He then quickly flew out of the dancing room before anyone could see him. Maybe dancing isn't totally terrible. I could get used to it.

"We're back!" Kusukusu announced as the charas returned. All of us looked at them in the corner of our eyes but we didn't say anything. People would think we were crazy.

"Mother, would you like to say anything?" Mrs. Fujisaki asked.

"Yes, all of you failed my test...except one," the elderly woman said. Everyone gasped at her comment. Everyone had danced so well yet almost everyone failed.

"Who passed mother?" Mrs. Fujisaki asked as she got over her shock.

"Rima Mashiro," the old woman said. Everyone looked from her to me.