Chapter 21

Chapter 22 It Just Got Good

*Nagi's POV*

"Are you sure you want to dance today?" I asked. After Rima ate her pancakes she insisted that she go to dance practice today. It was still too early so we watched TV but now it was time. I was sitting on her bed while she was changing into a kimono in her bathroom.

"Yes, I called your mom and my mom and they said it was fine," she said through the bathroom door.

"You know...she'll be there," I said. Kurami was in the same dance class. She used Rima to get to me.

"Your mom said you're not dancing today," she said as she came out in an orange kimono. Her hair was tied up. She was stunning.

"Did you hear me?" she asked.

"What?" I said focusing on what she was saying. What's wrong with me? I'm not a pervert like Ikuto.

"Your mom said you aren't dancing today," she repeated.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know, ask her not me. Now are we going or not," she said. I got up and we left. I can't believe that Rima got over everything in a second. It's like she's gone crazy.

"What's up man? You've been staring at Rima," he said with a smirk.

"It's just that she seems suddenly better. I don't know it's just a bit weird," I said.

"I wouldn't question it. Let her be happy," he said.

"You're right," I said.

"Nagi," Rima said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Back when you practically saved me from those two, you yelled at them to stand up for me. Why?" she asked.

"We're in this mess together aren't we? I don't want anyone to hurt you. When I see you cry, which is not often, I honestly don't know what to do. I only feel I have to make you feel better," I said not really knowing the answer. I almost never yell. It was very out of character. She smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Together," she said. We made it to my house. I guided her to the dance room even though she already knew where it was. We let go of each other as we made it to the dancing room.

"Glad you feel better Rima-chan," mother said. My grandmother and mother were sitting on the floor in the front of the room while the other girls stretched. I noticed Kurami was here.

"I would never miss dancing," Rima said and I could have sworn she winking at my mom but she probably wasn't.

"Nagihiko, come sit next to your mother," she said as she patted the floor next to her. I did as I was told.

"Mother? Why am I not dancing?" I whispered.

"Rima-chan suggested it. She said she owed you for what you did for her," she replied. I looked at Rima who was stretching.

"Where is her other chara?" mother asked. I looked back at her.

"In her egg," I whispered.

"I see," she said.

"Alright ladies, we will begin dancing," my grandmother said. I looked at her. She seemed a bit...happy. I thought she would be furious that I skipped school and I wasn't dancing but she looked just fine, maybe even excited. She wasn't smiling or anything but I've known her long enough to know she wasn't upset right now.

"Mother, why is grandmother not upset with me? I thought I would be scolded for missing school and punished for not dancing," I whispered.

"Rima-chan can be convincing. You should thank her later," she replied. I looked back at Rima and she was looking at me, smiling. I couldn't help but smile myself. Rima had managed for me to have a free day which almost never happens.