2: Adventuring Out

Harry soon realized this was his time to escape.

Leaving his furious uncle behind he sprinted the fastest he could on his weak legs, leaving his horrific life behind him.

For the next day Harry had trouble blending in with the many animals surrounding him. He realized soon enough that he had better hearing and smell, allowing him to find food in the old thrown out food that would be fine to digest.

Although it was gross, he was used to having people's old half eaten food so it didn't both him much.

After a few days of adventuring the newly found land, Harry found an old-fashioned restaurant miles away from Privet Drive that would, generously, supply his need of food by handing him leftovers at after-hours.

Odd enough the restaurant was already, nonetheless Harry found the most odd thing about this old place. Everyone here had a hint of a smell he couldn't tell what it was, but what was even more odd was this smell was on him too. It hadn't been on the people in Privet Drive in the short amount of time he was a cat there, only here.

Harry was soon pulled out of his thoughts by a man in dark clothes with black greasy shoulder-length hair. This man wore a disgusted look on his face, seemingly the cause of the wrinkles that lined his face hinting that he wore it almost all the time. This frightened the small boy— or kitten, to everyone else— as the man took long strides toward the cowering ball of fur.

Harry backed away cautiously, and sniffed the air for any poisons or traces of blood which he's learned to do as a survival tactic. Unsurprisingly, this man had the same odd aroma trailing him, though surprisingly, despite his demeanor, held no poisons or blood not of his own.

The man quickly got in front of the kitten standing before him. To Harry's shock though, the man kneeled down. 'What is he doing?' Harry thought, 'Maybe egging me on, yeah, he's tricking me!' Harry smirked at the thought of knowing this unknown man's plan to hurt him.

Then, the man reached out his hand. Harry flinched at this action, backing away farther with a sneer, well cat-sneer, on his face. Although, he was too cute of a kitten for it to be very effective against the man.

———————————
Severus Snape
———————————

Severus was worried at this cat's actions. He knew cats were fond of witches and wizards due to the welcoming smell that their magic emitted. Severus snarled at the thought of what a wizard or muggle possibly could have done to the young defenseless cat, but quickly erased the anger from his face.

Severus, knowing the cat would run away soon , scooped it up holding it firmly to his chest so it couldn't leave.

'What am I doing? I can't take care of a filthy cat. I'll just leave it with someone else.'

Snape ignored the cats sharp claws scratching him uncomfortably through his sleeves.

Snape and the cat left nothing but a loud crack.

———————————
Later, Harry Potter
———————————

Harry gave up on his resistance against the odd
man carrying him due to how obvious it was the man was unknowning, or just not bothered the slightest, at the weak clawing and scratching against his chest and arms.

Despite the uncomfortable feeling he had at the greasy-haired man he relaxed into his arms, feeling tired after all the scratching. Despite living in the cat's body for a while he couldn't get a hang of the claws.

Not long later did he fall asleep dreamless in the man's arms.

———————————
Severus Snape, in Dumbledore's Office
———————————