°.• - Chapter Three: Shelter - •.°

●°○.•~-~•.○°●

A/N

❤ This one gets a little shippy 💛

●°○.•~-~•.○°●

Steve stepped out of the Nether portal and up the stairs of the cave into his house. He stumbled to the storage room and plopped a shulker box down on the ground, letting out a heavy sigh as he leaned against the other chests in the room and wiped the sweat from his forehead. He held his hand out in front of him, causing his hotbar to appear, and examined the contents. No more food. Three hearts. Steve groaned, moving to the chest with food inside and opening it. To his dismay, there was nothing. He sighed again, sitting up and limping up the steps to the living room, "Alex." He called weakly.

Alex, who was half asleep on the couch, opened one of her eyes when Steve spoke, "Hmm?" She said, then opening the other eye when she noticed Steve's state, "Oh, man. You're lookin' pretty rough."

"We're out of food downstairs." He said, "Can you please get some for me?"

Alex stood up at that, "Sure thing." She said as she walked out of the living room to her bedroom, "I think I have some extra bread in here somewhere..." she opened her chest and searched for a moment until she found what she was looking for, "Aha!" She made her way back to Steve, handing him the bread.

Steve took the bread from Alex, "Thank you." He said before taking a few bites and watching his hunger and health bars go up.

"No problem. I'll make sure we restock tomorrow." She smiled at him, watching him get up and walk over to the couch, "You got everything we need?" She asked.

Steve leaned against the back of the couch, "Almost. Had to stop 'cause I whacked a Piglin on accident. Barely escaped with my life." He explained.

"Sheesh." Alex recoiled at Steve's words.

"Eh," He shrugged, "Nothing I can't handle." He gave Alex a smirk and playfully nudged her arm.

"Uh-huh." Alex raised an eyebrow at his statement, not truly believing him, but smiling anyway. She stared at Steve for a moment longer before being interrupted by a knock on the door, "What the...?" She turned around to the direction of the door, wondering who it could be.

Steve sat up a bit, seemingly worried, "Do you think that's..." he started, having an idea of who the person was.

"Oh, absolutely not," Alex objected, apparently having read Steve's mind, "He never knocks." She stood up and walked down to the door, "It's probably a lost villager or something." As she said this, Alex opened the door and peeked out to see who it was, only to find five brightly colored figures standing before her, with her and Steve's wolf beside them, barking and wagging her tail.

Red timidly raised their hand up to wave at Alex, "Hello." They said quietly.

Alex looked over the group, freezing slightly in what the others could only assume was astonishment. Afterall, they didn't look like any of the mobs in the game. She blinked, finally coming back to reality, and turned her head back to the house, still not fully taking her eyes off the Sticks, "Steeeve?" She called.

Steve's voice could be heard from within the house, "What's up?" He asked as he came down the stairs and to the door where Alex was, "Oh," he said, noticing the group outside, "Those are not villagers." He pointed to the Sticks.