The Iciler 10 Darkness and Fire

The next few weeks where calm, collected.

Clarah hung out with me more, and was just a percent more open with me. Maru and I got out of our homes a few more times, going on walks, going out to eat. Sometimes Kyono tagged along.

Maru and I walked through Metasosis today and heard a loud call.

The message echoed through the air. "All of Metasosis, take your attention to our amazing leader of The Shadow Society!"

"Hm?" My eyes flew from Maru to Master Saki who walked out of the crowed of Shadow Warriors. His sly smile was intriguing.

My heart skipped a beat. It was that pervert-dude! Ahh!! What do I do?!

Maru smiled at me and turned to watch Saki. "Ah, it's the young leader. He seems like a great leader don't you think?"

I hid behind the Flame Warrior's red sweater. "W-what is he doing here?"

"The Leader?" Maru asked concerned, putting a hand on my head and rubbing the top of it like I was a scared animal.

"Yes!" I screeched. "H-him!"

Master Saki's eyes opened as he faced me and Maru's way. My heart skipped 2 more beats.

"Ah, well him. He's the leader of the Shadow Society. Every year, the Shadow Society leaves to back where their society was born, The Thorn Walls. After a year is over, they come back to live within the capital."

You've got to be freaking kidding me. I swear, I can't live near these areas with...him!

"What's wrong, you don't look too excited. Every Society is honored to have them come back, they complete our community."

Hmph. "It's nothing Maru, just ignore me."

"But I could never ignore you Hitori." Maru's cheeks turned pale pink.

"Yeah I know, but I'll be acting much weirder than I usually am."

"A-Ah, okay Hitori." He shook his head, his sleek red hair following his movements.

I nodded looking up at the clouds. The sky was blue, I could tell it was a going to be a good day, and it seemed like nothing could happen.

Until that afternoon...

"Clarah, I saw some people writing my name on the wall, and telling me I suck. Should I give them a good a** whippin'? What do I do?" I asked.

"Hm, it's either you tell them to stop and if they don't listen, then give them a lesson they'd learn from." Clarah responded while moving some boxes around as she helped the employed citizens of Metasosis.

"Ehh, I don't really care to be honest with you. I just don't want to be made fun of behind my own back, you know?" I said bluntly while leaning against the wall as I watched her do so.

"Yes I understand that a lot.."

"Hm," I thought for a second and looked up at the roof tops. "I guess I better go."

"Alright Iciler, good day." The dark green eyed Warrior waved.

A woman's shriek shook my skeleton, as I looked to my right. "Somebody help me!! Please!!!"

"What the hell??" I muttered. Clarah's hands balled into a fist, getting ready to fight. I quickly reacted and tapped her shoulder before I ran down to were the woman was. "I got it!" I assured.

My running was heavy and I was slump but at least I was moving towards the action. "Ah!" An explosion flung me off my tracks, making me tumble backwards into a wall.