The Iciler 16 Journey To Thorns(4) {Death: To The Father}

It was like the air grew grim. The grass quivered moldy yellow. The birds died.

The palms of my hands grew unusually sweaty and the moist air had a grip on my lungs. Saki led the way as the rest of our group followed slowly, I tagged behind so that I made sure no one attacked on surprise. We carefully followed the huge tracks of the Beast Wods who attacked me, I knew what they were capable of just by the size of them.

They weren't pretty, and they sure didn't play nice at all.

I remembered my scar and the capability of them almost knocking me out unconscious, I didn't even get to have a grip on one of them and my low level ranking of my element sure didn't help at the time.

"Guys, be prepared now, the Giant Ones can get murderous very quickly." Master Saki said loud enough for us to do what he said.

"I'll go first." I said lowly, walking in front of Saki, his rough fingers grabbing onto my hand.

"Don't you dare." He hissed.

"Trust me..." I blinked and gave him a begging look.

He stared for a moment and let go of my hand.

My mind trailed off as I continued to walk towards the grimy sounds of rocks being torn from the ground, monsters groaning in contempt. I soon realized that I couldn't see or hear my group any longer.

"Guys?" I whispered, looking scared. "Dammit...you've got to be f*cking kidding me right now..."

Looks like I'm on my own from here.

My eyes widened as I noticed wandering eyeless spirits walking around like a bunch of zombies. Their greenish blue glow filtered the white fog that settled in.

I hear a moan of sadness, then a groan of pain, then a scream of fear.

"Can they see me?" I mutter.

I turn around, hoping I try and find the pack again. Until a spirit suddenly wants to jump scare me in a time like this.

I let out a girly shriek and fall back. "W-WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK BRO, WHATS UP WITH YOU??!"

The male spirit's eyes were full as he raised his index finger into the mist. "Murderer...." He groaned dully.

I quickly look back over my shoulder to only be kicked away by a rocky spiky foot. The strength in that kick had me desperately trying to breath, but I grabbed onto a high ledge and forced my feet down onto the earth.

"SAKI!!" I yelled.

"ICILER!!" I heard a response, I noticed Acyine running towards the Beast.

"NO DONT GO THERE!!" I yelled jumping off the ledge I was on and straight down between the Beast and Acyine.

"Why would you jump?!!" He yelled at me before I cut him off with a tackle and roll. A loud roar, and a killing strike could've killed the Shadow Master.

"RUN!" My mind was quick, running into the fog as the monster chased us.

"We need a plan, and fast, right NOW!" I said while running.

"Get onto his neck and I'll take care of it from the bottom!" Acyine stopped running and dead into his tracks, he held up a fist and palm as the giant's shadow ran up it's legs and stopped it from running.

"NOW GO!"

"Aye-Aye!!" I ran and jumped up, freezing the giant's arm to his chest, continuing to dash up the arm without a hassle.

"ICILER! The only way to kill a Beast this big is from the heart! Get to the heart!"

"OH NOW YOU TELL ME!!" I barked.