Chapter 10 Evil, Too Evil

Du-du-duel?!

Kook was so shocked he couldn't type. After a beat he said: "gyumon was willing to duel?"

In no way did gyumon seem like that kind of irrational person.

In 《Dreams of Jianghu》, a one-on-one battle could be two types. One type was informal sparring, which was commonly called PK. The other was duelling. In sparring, losing wasn't very important, no loss of experience or drops in levels, but just sparring points. Duels were different. Each loss in a duel was a one level drop. If the player was a lower-level one, than it was still okay. The one level drop can be made back easily. For higher-levels, like kook and gyumon, a one-level drop was the loss of more than half a month's work.

Gyumon was the type to spend money to play the game. All the equipment were top-level and he always willing to spend more to get stronger. But in a duel with Tae Master who would have used the same level equipment ... ...

It was akin to suicide!

Kook had partnered up with both of them before, so he understood their strengths very well. Here it has to be said that they were just too far apart in skill level. Tae Master was out of the atmosphere, a stunning galaxy, inhuman. Gyumon was just on par with kook.

So jungkook was strongly suspicious that gyumon couldn't think it through and wanted to die.

Suga replied to him: "It's not whether he wanted to or not, Laosan announced the challenge on the World Channel. That announcement, it was so underhanded, if he didn't take it, he couldn't ever play in this server again."

And there was a written challenge, how formal ... ... We kook was mortified and asked: "What was the challenge?"

Jhope: "He wrote that he wanted a three-battle match. Said if gyumon won even one battle, it would be considered that gyumon won. He won't ask about the video again. And in the duel, he won't bring his pet. If gyumon didn't go to battle with this kind of conditions, gyumon couldn't be considered a man. Losing is better than not coming."

Not using immortal level pets ... ...

You could win this way?

Kook was still mortified. It was said that Master was inhuman. This proved it one again. And this kind of conditions was really really ~~really didn't allow anybody to say anything. If Tae had just asked for a fair duel with gyumon, then even if gyumon didn't fight, admitting that he wasn't as good as Tae, it wouldn't have given him any embarra.s.sment. But provoking a battle this way made it so that gyumon had to battle. Otherwise, he really would be shamed by everyone.

Jhope said: "Afterwards, I started to pity gyumon. Poor guy. If it was one match to determine victory, then he only loses one level. If it was best two out of three, after losing two, he could immediately admit defeat and lose two levels. But Nai He had to play it so that everybody, including, knew that he would lose the third round. He still had to suffer through it for his honor."

Suga: "Evil, underhanded, too evil."

Tae said: "You guys are reading too much into it. I just didn't want to waste time talking."

Kook thought that it was true and Tae's reason made sense. If it had been a fair challenge, gyumon would have found an excuse not to fight and try to argue. Talking back and forth would have wasted time. Master's challenge was a fatal strike.

JM: "Well, gyumon was somewhat brave, he didn't battle with his pet either. Did you already consider this point?"

Tae dismissed him. He said: "Why would I consider him?"