Hoax - Tenth Doctor

My only one

My smoking gun

"Doctor?" Y/N's voice sounded throughout the empty TARDIS as she searched for her boyfriend. Boyfriend sounded like such an odd word for him. It seemed so normal and human for what he was, for the amazing, eccentric alien man he was. And it didn't quite seem to sum up all she felt for him. But at the same time, calling him her soulmate all the time seemed even odder and a bit dumb so she settled for boyfriend. She had never thought she could feel this way before. But the evidence of her feelings was hidden inside the missing man she was searching for.

Sometimes the Doctor would disappear for long periods of time. Y/N often wondered whether he was actually in the TARDIS or whether he had gone off on an adventure without her. She preferred to just pretend that he was just somewhere in the maze she called a home. It was too much to imagine him just going off without her though she supposed he probably did whenever her human body forced her to sleep. So she tried not to sleep much.

It was a hard life, but she didn't think she could live any other one. The reasoning and evidence for why was in the man she was currently trying to find. The Doctor. She couldn't imagine living without him. He was the only one for her.

Which is why she was relieved when she eventually found him in the library, half dozing off with a book in his hand. Apparently even Time Lords could get a little sleepy. She hid a bit of a smile as she gently took the book from him and grabbed a blanket to put over him.

My eclipsed sun

This has broken me down

Y/N stood slightly behind the Doctor as everyone rushed up to greet him. It didn't matter that she had also helped to save them, that she had been running alongside him and risking her life as well. Because he was the Doctor.

She tried not to let it bother her especially as she looked at his face, at the happy and proud smile he wore. That smile alone was worth stepping back and letting him eclipse her. Even if she didn't even really need to step back to do that. Y/N was sure that she could be trying her absolute hardest to shine brighter than him and he would still win. Because that's who he was. He just naturally shone brighter than everyone else in the room.

So Y/N smiled at the aliens who approached them. She answered the questions people had about the Doctor. And she ignored the amount of times people told her how different she was from the Doctor's last companion. She didn't want a reminder that she was not the last person he'd traveled with and she would not be the last.

"You alright?" the Doctor murmured to her during a few second reprieve. Y/N looked up at him, meeting his warm brown eyes and smiled a smile that was only slightly faked.

"Never better," she answered.

My twisted knife

My sleepless night

The knife was twisted deep into her gut and for a second, Y/N couldn't breathe. It was like all the breath had been sucked out of her. She looked down though it didn't feel like she was looking down. It was like watching a movie from someone else's eyes. All she could see was dark red. Dark red blood staining her shirt, staining her hands. She could feel the pain. It wasn't a dull pain either but harsh and biting. Her breathing was quickening as a hand went to the knife, to try and pull it out.

"It's okay, don't do that," said a voice that seemed far off. A hand appeared on hers and gently guided her hand down. "It's okay. I have you. I got you."

The voice was familiar and as her head slowly looked up, she saw him. The Doctor was staring at her, trying to be calm and collected. But Y/N could see that look in his eyes. The look of a man who was going to kill every last being on this ship the second she was okay. And that look almost discounted any positive, kind, caring, and comforting thing he was saying.