Chapter 12: Pansy's Birthday

August 5th 1992
AN: This chapter takes place during their summer break  however, I got the idea for it after writing Chapter 11 and didn't want to include it as part of ch.11 so I decided to have a separate chapter. It takes place before the Voldemort meeting. Enjoy!

Today was a very important day for the Slytherins because it was Pansy Parkinson's birthday! They were invited to spend the evening at the Parkinson estate. Lexie, Blaise, and Draco had been all communicating via owl and various floo calls in order to decide what to wear.

"Gold dress? Lexie, you know you can't wear gold! Thats Pansy's colour!" Blaise Zabini's voice boomed through Lexie's bedroom.

Draco Malfoy's voice came out the fireplace as well but it was distant. "Oi mate, she can wear whatever she likes!"

Lexie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Is Draco with you?"

Blaise sighed in annoyance at the mention of their pale friend. "Yes."

Suddenly, Draco's head appeared through the flames. "Move!" He shoved Blaise.

"No," Blaise said angrily, "You move!"

Draco pushed Blaise again in order to see Lexie better. Blaise continuously shoved Draco because the fireplace was small and they couldn't both fit themselves without touching. A couple "Ouch" and "Screw yous" later, they settled down and stared at the grey eyed girl in front of them. Lexie was watching the boys, laughing so hard at them that she had to clutch her side in pain. Blaise and Draco had hushed their arguing and just looked at the girl, watching her face turn red as the air left her lungs. Suddenly, the corners of Draco's thin and Blaise's full lips tugged upward and smiles erupted onto their faces. They began to laugh with Lexie, tears from laughter rolling down their faces at the little argument that had occurred between them. A surge of affection for each other became present in their atmosphere and Lexie herself couldn't help feeling grateful for the boys she had grown up with. And little did she know that the feeling was mutual.

They spent the rest of the floo call laughing and cracking jokes about each other. Completely forgetting that the purpose of the call was to decide the colour of their robes and the outfits they were going to wear. Pansy's upcoming birthday party was going to include her inner circle of friends, their parents, and their potions professor, Severus Snape. Although Snape had originally declined, he changed his mind and decided to join the festivity because of the terrorization Blaise and Theo put him under. Theo was the one convincing while Blaise buttered him up.

"You have to be there, professor! We are only going for you!"

"Yeah," exclaimed Blaise, " You're the guest of honour, professor. Who cares about Parkinson? Certainly not me!"

"Yeah, Blaise, who is Parkinson?" Theo asked mischievously.

Blaise just shrugged and smiled. "No clue!  I was under the impression potions master Severus Snape was going to be there."

Theo nodded and agreed. "Yeah, Blaise, wasn't this a party specifically for his majesty?"

Snape clearly had enough, "If you two dont shut your mouths you will have your Hogsmeade privileges taken away." he said while massaging his temples. A headache began to form.

Blaise and Theo's faces grew into a smirk and a mischievous expression replaced both their faces immediately. They knew their flattery had succeeded. "So does that mean you will be there?"

Snape let out another sigh and looked at the two boys. He nodded his head.

All of a sudden, Theo and Blaise jumped on eachother and screamed. They then turned to their potions professor and jumped on top of him. Theo's foot got caught in Snape's robe pocket and they pulled Snape down. Struggling to get the two boys off of him, he tried to pull them by the collar of their robes but failed. "Get—off—me—NOW!"