Chapter 13: Quidditch Talks

1992, 12 years old

Alexandria and her mischievous group of Slytherins made their way back to Hogwarts on September first. Despite the homework and annoying teachers, they were quite happy to return. Much to Lexie's surprise, her parents did not row with her and she had a decent farewell talk with them. But the temporary bliss was wiped out from them when they were greeted with the general annoying news surrounding Harry Potter. However this time it was about his near death experience with the Whomping Willow. Naturally, they heard from Blaise Zabini who had heard from a prefect discussing the situation with Slytherin Head of House, Severus Snape. Knowing Potter had survived; Draco was furious, especially considering that he would be trying out for Slytherin Seeker and did not want to compete with Potter during their upcoming matches. Draco wanted to rub it in Potter's face that he was not gonna be a Gryffindor Seeker and was going to be forced to hear about Draco's exquisite luck at catching the snitch and getting the Quidditch cup to stay in their office. However, much to Potter's unaware luck, he was spared to this at the expense of Draco's dismay.

As Quidditch tryouts approached, the Slytherins, mostly Blaise and Draco, found themselves in a frenzy. "Oh, come on mate," said Blaise Zabini, "Run a couple laps with me, I need to try out for chaser and need to practice a bit more!"

Draco, already stressed with going out to the Quidditch pitch daily, told Blaise off. "Come off it, Zabini. As much as I enjoy this new desire, this is a load of tosh. Tryouts are in a couple days and I physically cannot endure more hours on that bloody field. Ask Nott to practice with you." He said, suggesting to the quiet boy besides them.

Theodore Nott, who had been sitting in the Slytherin Common Room with his fellow mates, had his nose buried in his Transfiguration parchment. He was lazily trying to transfigure a small block of hay into a needle for theory purposes. When he heard the sound of his name, he raised his head and shot Draco a sneer. "No thanks, Malfoy, I have better things to do." He scanned his eyes over the two boys and said, "Have fun." before shooting them a sarcastic smile as he exited the common room.

Blaise ran his hand on top of his head and huffed in annoyance before picking up his broom and following Nott out the room.

Lexie and Pansy had lost their minds dealing with Draco's and Blaise's obsession. It was much different than their regular Quidditch games. Oftentimes during the holidays, Draco would make both Pansy and Lexie join them during their small Quidditch games. The girls didn't care much for the sport but Lexie enjoyed flying during her freetime and never opposed their games. Meanwhile Pansy would be complaining and would zoom the other way whenever any sort of ball flew at her face. But now it had turned into an obsession and the girls refused to get involved.

They didn't get up too much during their first summer back. Besides the meeting with the Dark Lord, Lexie didn't see Draco as often as she would have preferred. The biggest event of their summer was Pansy's 12th birthday. It was the first time in a while they had all partied together with their extended families and it was a blast. Other than that, it was mostly just watching after Anton and practicing wandless magic.

Lexie was lost in her thoughts when suddenly, she felt a crease in the seat next to her and an arm around her shoulder. "Hey Lex," said Draco Malfoy.

She met her best friend's eyes with a smile. "Hi," Pansy was watching them very closely, burning a hole in Draco's arm.

Draco withdrew his arm from her shoulder but didn't break eye contact with the girl. But Lexie was aimlessly looking at Pansy who was sitting on the settee now staring a hole in her book, pretending not to notice what Draco had just done. An uncomfortable silence filled the space between the trio and Draco still had not said what he was meaning to. Lexie, desperate to loosen the tension said, "Yes, Draco? How may I help you?"