Three

Dedicated to Ideservedbetter for voting on my story! Thank you so much for your support!

-Ivy-

The rest of the day goes by uneventfully, and all the talk in the hallways is about Clover. I hear all about his dreamy eyes and brown hair; but never about his appearance being abnormal or creepy. When the bell rings for lunch I grab my backpack and head towards the library. There's nothing interesting about it except for the little cubby at the very back that goes into the wall. It's basically like an indoor cave, and a little couch rests against the wall. It's nothing special, but most people tend to avoid it for some reason, so it's where I spend my lunch period. I grab my threadbare copy of Great Expectations and flip open to my favorite part. In a word, I was too cowardly to do what I knew to be right, as I had been too cowardly to avoid doing what I knew to be wrong. As I get immersed in my book, I hear the lightest patter of footsteps coming nearer. I slip a bookmark in to save my place and close my book. "Ah. This is where they told me I could find you." I realize he is speaking English. I cannot slip up and answer back in whatever language he spoke in earlier. "Yes. This is where I come during lunch. Though I hadn't realized anyone noticed." I raise an eyebrow at him. "If this is your lunch period, then where's your lunch?" He raised an eyebrow back at me. I blushed. "I-uhm-I." He smirked. "Here." He tossed me a little baggy filled with almonds. I nodded my thanks and started to eat them. For some reason I had an aversion to meat. I could eat normal foods like fruit. vegetables, and bread, but I would not go anywhere near any types of meat. It drove Chelsey crazy when she had visitors over because she wanted to have all these fancy meat platters. But, she had to act like a kind and loving parent so she made fruit and vegetable platters instead. Clover crossed his arms as he watched me eat. I probably looked like an animal. The almonds were so good. I can't remember the last time that I had some. "Ivy? When was the last time you ate something?" I squinted at him. "This morning." He scoffed. "And before that?" I sat there uncomfortably. When was the last time I had eaten? A couple nights ago when I ate a piece of bread? Yeah, that was it. What do I tell him though? "I had a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner yesterday." He smirked. "Oh really? I have one right here if you want it. You look hungry." He pulled out the sandwich and tossed it on my lap. My stomach rolled as I thought of the meat inside of it. "Heh. That's fine; I'm really not that hungry." I tossed it back to him. He looked at me with a question in his eyes. "I kno-" The bell rang effectively cutting off whatever he was about to say. "Oh! That's the bell! Gotta get to class!" I grabbed my backpack and zoomed out of the library. That was a close one. If he had made me eat the sandwich I would have puked all over his nice animal skin shoes. Who even wore shoes like that? I needed to find out exactly who Clover was and fast. Before he found out anything about me.