Eight

-Ivy-

A couple miles away from the gas station, a prickly feeling makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I look in the mirror. "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What the heck is my life!? The Vampire Diaries?" Cooper and Clover are not that far behind me, apparently having ran all the way from the gas station. I smack my head against the steering wheel and press down harder on the gas pedal. A huge thud sounds on the top of the car. I shriek and the car swerves hard to the right. Clover rolls off the top of it and into the empty stretch of highway. I scream again as I look up and I see Cooper standing in the road in front of me. He needs to move or he's gonna get hit. I keep going, but he has a strangely calm look on his face. I smirk and slam the brake, in the same motion opening the car door and diving out into a smooth body roll. Maybe there are some perks to being like them, I thought. I run into the nearby forest and scale a tree, purposely picking one with just enough strength to hold my body weight up. If Cooper and Clover try to climb the branches will break. I smile as they run into the clearing, and stop, breathing hard. I hold my breathe. I don't think they know I'm here. But then Clover's head snaps up in my direction, and we make direct eye contact. Crap. "Ivy. We won't hurt you. Come down here." I laugh. "Says the one who knocked me out." Cooper laughs at that. "We will wait here as long as it takes for you to come down." With that being said, he sits cross legged on the forest floor and drags Clover down with him. Looks like they'll be staying there a really long time, I think snidely and settle into the tree for a hard night's sleep.