Chapter 66. Battle Between Geniuses

Third Person POV

Octanis stumbles back after the point blank Death Ray. It certainly did a number on him but it was nothing he couldn't shake off. After all, his body was near perfect cybernetic engineering.

Viktor: And here I thought it'd be simple. I'm glad to be disappointed.

Octanis: Judging from your accent, you must be the one from Zaun. Curious to find you amongst the Azure Demon's ranks.

Viktor looks around as the mist began to clear. The fighting was sure to be intense once the two forces could properly see again. Octanis could see this concern in his body language. Theorizing that Viktor had successfully created a teleportation device, this could prove a good test for his cyborg body. He scans the area with a special vision that would render the mist useless for its intended purpose before looking back at Viktor. He gestures with his head that there would be a clear area a little ways from where they were. This could have been a trap but Viktor knew that this was hardly in any script. It was too much of an annoyance to plan for.

Octanis hovers away with Viktor walking after him. While the ISF doctor was in a hurry, the Zaunite was not. An advantage he planned to make use of. After about a minute in a half, the two came into the backyard of a farm house.

Viktor: An interesting place for conflict. Perhaps you plan to teach me how to milk a cow?

Octanis: Mind your tongue rat. Some of us are of a more humble growing.

Viktor: If that is so then it hardly shows.

The Doctor had enough of the pointless bickering and began his attack. Starting off by simply shooting Viktor with his drones. The Zaunite defends himself with a small locket. The Locket of the Iron Solari. It creates a barrier that eats the drones attacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Octanis: Interesting. You carry items like that with you?

Viktor: A wise man always makes sure to make use of his pockets.

A drones return to Octanis. This time Viktor attacks by throwing out his Gravity Field. He then presses a button on his gauntlet, making the Gravity Field increase in power. Octanis had to actually try and pull himself away. Once he was airborne, he was open. Viktor aims his mechanical arm at the Doctor's leg and fires the hand off like a grappling hook. He latches on and keeps him within range of the field. Viktor then jabs his staff into the wire, electrocuting it. While this does damage Octanis's cyborg battle, he simply laughs it off.

Octanis: We all know the age old issue robotics have. Exposure to electrical currents. I made sure to compensate for that.

One drone comes off and cuts the wire and blasts the Gravity Field device. Allowing Octanis to land safely.

Viktor: Had to make sure you were actually smart. Given your hobby.

Viktor activates yet another device. This one is a magnet for his third arms hand as it pulls it in to reattach it.

Octanis: My work requires that I explore every possible avenue. Preferably the one that doesn't involve making a suit in a Junkyard.

Viktor: A junkyard is far more fitting for my works unlike the Nursing Home yours came from.

This struck a nerve for the Doctor. His work was far more superior than Viktors. Down to the smallest details, it was better. Even the calculations was in his favor. Dr. Donovan then held up his hand and created that same cube barrier around van Cleef. He looks around inside it and chuckles.

Viktor: Reflector Barrier? Cute.

He pulls out his Siphon Power glaive and strikes the barrier with it. Completely absorbing it.