Chapter 6

Emilia

I sit in this expensive SUV with Alessia in my arms, with Mateo and his men. Am I nervous? Scared? Pissed myself for even having both of us in a situation like this? Absolutely. These men are strangers and I am putting my daughters' safety in their hands. I just felt like I could trust them. Not like I had much of a choice anyway. I would do anything to keep Alessia safe from those sick mother fuckers. I turn to face Mateo and he is on his phone. While he holds Alessia's hand. I was shocked she wanted to hold his hand but watching how gentle he was and reassured her. Made me feel a lot more confident I am doing the right thing. I don't say anything to him because let's be honest, I have nothing to say to him. I am still pissed about him pushing his way into Theo's home, manhandling me, tying me to a chair, and forcing me to marry his spoiled ass. I can't help to think why in the world he would want to marry an abused mom where he could have any beautiful model or celebrity. I am so deep in thought while rubbing Alessia's back, I don't realize Mateo is looking at me until he starts talking.

"Tesoro (Sweetheart) what are you thinking about so hard?" Mateo asks.

I glared at him, "I am not your Tesoro."

"So, if you don't like Tesoro how about Amore(love)?" I glare at him and don't say anything, he isn't gonna give me any cute pet names. The last pet name was kitten and that was from Seth. I get shivers from that name and not the good kind of shivers. "That must be a no.... I know how about Angelo (Angel)?" I snorted "Do I look like an angel especially earlier when I held the gun to your face?"

He chuckles "No but I was very much impressed. That confirmed that you were made to be at my side." I roll my eyes. "I will think about it and find the perfect nickname for you." He says with a smirk. "That won't be happening."

He smiles at me but doesn't respond to my snarky comment." After you both get settled. Vittorio will watch Alessia while we discuss a couple things in my office." I look at him with wide eyes. I worry about leaving her with strangers.

"Can he give you updates while we are talking? This is all so new to both of us and I need to make sure she is safe." I ask because I really don't know any of these men and I don't trust them.

"Of Course," I nod my head at him and say, "Thank you." He gives me a small smile. Then his phone rings, he gives me an apologetic look and picks up the phone. I tune back into my thoughts ignoring his phone call.

Next thing I know is that Mateo has rounded the car and opens my door and says," Benvenuti nella tua nuova casa"(Welcome to your new home.) He says quietly to us. He helps me get out of the SUV with Alessia in my arms. I follow Mateo into the mansion, the guards open the door for us and nod to Mateo saying "Boss or Don" I walk in and it takes my breath away. Mateo doesn't slow down at all so I can look around. I will have to do that later. His mansion is just too beautiful not to admire. He finally stops in front of a door and opens it for me to walk in. I go to lay Alessia down on the bed and she clings tighter to me. I know it's gonna be a challenge to unhook my little spider monkey from me. I lay down next to her on the bed and slowly replace myself with a pillow, but she still wakes up. Her eyes pop open and look around scared until she looks at me.

"Shh Alessia you are okay. Remember Mateo moved us to his house, so we are safer away from Seth and Boris?" I ask her, she nods at me and sits up. Mateo walks over and sits on the edge of the bed next to Alessia and lightly touches her hand, she tenses but relaxes.

"Alessia, I am going to talk to your Mama in my office. Vittorio will be staying with you until we come back. If you need anything, he will get it for you, okay?" Mateo asks, he motions for Vittorio to come over. Vittorio is a huge nothing but all muscle, his head is bald, and his brown eyes soften as he bends down on his knees next to the bed.