Snow, Plays & Love

≻〉 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⋆✦⋆ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 〈≺

Disclaimer,
- fluff
- college au
- minor angst
- pt.1(?)

≻〉 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⋆✦⋆ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 〈≺

Sitting in the bay window in his apartment with his laptop propped up on his knees Daewon stared outside. The snow fell heavily onto the busy Seoul streets as the bitter harsh winds blew around the building. Daewons book had long been abandoned as he watched people walk by on the streets .

A mom ushering her child along to get them out of the snow, various pedestrians rushing about to get to bus stops or meet up with friends, a couple holding hands with bright smiles on their faces which were bright red from the cold. A bitter sense of nostalgia hit Daewon as he admired the couple. That was him once upon a time with the love well, former love of his life.

He and Yeonjun broke up over a year ago. It had been snowing then too. They went to Yeonjun's favorite burger place after classes. Daewon remembers him wearing a soft cream colored scarf and bundled in his black trench coat. He looked stunning. They ordered their burgers and talked for a good hour before Yeonjun smiled sadly as he took Daewon's hands in his.

"Ya know" he started off, "This last year has been amazing but" he paused and Daewon felt his world collapse underneath him "I just think that maybe we've run our course" Yeonjun finished and ouch. That hurt. Daewon thought that they'd been doing fine, apparently not though. He tried to protest at first, saying that they could do better, could change things up but Yeonjun had been set on them breaking up and with a heavy heart Daewon agreed. It wasn't until a month later that Daewon found out why Yeonjun believed they'd run their course. He'd fallen for someone else, an art major a year younger than Daewon, Beomgyu.

Daewon had been even more heartbroken to learn this and then angry but instead of making a scene and embarrassing himself he took his emotions and turned them into writing. He wrote up a love tragedy play between bitter lovers for his composition class for theater. It not only succeeded in helping him vent his emotions and get a good grade but his theater teacher Mr.Park Jimin believed it was good enough for the school's next student directed play. Daewon had nervously agreed despite knowing that it would open up an array of work for him.

In just a few short weeks he had to make various corrections and adjustments to his play giving the characters more depth and personality, making their story more personal and relatable to viewers and a bunch of other things that simply made his head hurt. He made it through the shit storm and how came the auditions. Daewon was surprisingly excited about it. He had put his blood sweat and tears (the last one quite literally) into writing the play and making it come to life, he knows exactly what he's looking for for each and every one of his characters and he's more than excited to see which actors will step up tomorrow to audition for them.

With a sigh Daewon gently closes his laptop as he swings his legs to the edge of the bay window. As he stands to stretch out his legs Daewon tucks his laptop under his arm before padding off to his bedroom. He sets his laptop on his desk before peeling back the comforter on his bed and crawling under to sleep.

//

Daewon was up before his alarm and ready for the day. He quickly did his hair, got dressed and bundled in warm clothes before leaving his apartment with his satchel (yes satchel). Daewon for a change was smiling as he felt the cool wind against his skin and heard the crunch of the snow beneath his shoes. On his way to campus he walked past his favorite coffee place. Giving in to temptation Daewon took a few steps backwards to head into the small shop despite knowing this little pitstop would cause him to be five minutes late.