The Love Lost

The Love Lost

Samara is happy that Jose proposed her for marriage and due to the excitement she asks her mum if she had any love story. Her mum starts to narrate her love story; hers first love whom she lost.

"Mom, finally Jose proposed me for marriage. I can't believe he really did it. It seems I'm living a dream. I'm extremely happy." My daughter Samara kept on jabbering. I was indeed happy for her too. Lately, she and Jose, her boyfriend have been going through hard time. They were fighting on something until Jose proposed her for marriage and everything got settled. I was doing away with the dirty clothes in the laundry box when she hugged me from back.

"Mom, have you ever been in love?" She chirped. Thousands of memories flashed back. The only name which came into my mind after hearing the word love is 'Noah'. I kept quiet and looked at her. I smiled and pecked at her cheeks. "C'mon tell me mom. Have you ever loved someone? Have someone proposed you for marriage? How did you meet daddy?" She quizzed. I didn't had answers. The phone rang. I rushed to pick it up so I can avert the topic.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Regina. I heard Jose proposed Sam for marriage?" My husband questioned.

"Yeah, George. And she is so exaggerating about it all the time. Anyway, when are you coming back from your trip? We need to discuss about the wedding." I replied.

"I'll be back by tomorrow. Yeah, she deserves to be happy. She was going through a hard time. Well, I need to hang up now, Bye." I said him bye and we hung up the phone. Samara affirmed me that she wanted a grand wedding by the beach. Later at midnight, when Samara was asleep in her room, I tiptoed into the attic and started frisking for my high school scrapbook. I found it after a long search and I opened it to the page where I have pinned up his photo. My eyes were swollen up red.

"Mom, is this was the guy whom you loved?" I was astonished to hear somebody. I turned back to see that it was Samara. I gave a small nod and she hugged me, "He looks really great. You had an awesome choice mom. So, did he propose you?" She asked excitedly.

"Every love story doesn't have a perfect ending honey." I replied back. "Why? I mean what happened? Why did you broke off? I swear you both would have looked great together. " She added with a smile. I started narrating my love story.

High school senior year.

"Look, Noah, she is new here. She doesn't know about you so just stay away from Reg." I saw Ryan warning Noah in the staircase. I just shifted to New Jersey and started living with my mom and brother Ryan. My dad and mom were divorcees and I used to stay with Dad until my dad decided to marry her girlfriend and I moved out of his house. I was enrolled in new school. I was at the locker when I saw my brother Ryan threatening Noah; the stud of our school. I have heard many things about Noah; like how he manipulates girls to have one night stand with them, how he skips classes and still manages to pass grades. Ryan told me he bribes the school authority to get the grades. He also told me that every girl dies to be his girl but he never gives a damn to anyone and just flirts around. And most important, Ryan told me to stay away from Noah else I will be heartbroken like most of the girls in our school. Noah noticed me and I half smiled at him. I was taking out my books from the locker for my English class when someone poked me. I turned around and Noah came too close and kept his hand on the locker and locked me by his body.

"Hey Reg." He whispered into my ear. I shoved him back and went straight into the class. I can hear him shouting, "What I did?" I ignored him. I took the middle seat and started waiting for the bell when he came rushing and took the seat beside me.

"Hey. Why did you push me away? I wanted to talk to you." He said. I ignored him and stood up. I took the front seat and Miss Jill came in. She started teaching us Romeo and Juliet; the only love story which I detest. I endured the monotonous torture of Miss Jill till one hour. Finally, period came to an end. Romeo and Juliet are sent back to their era.