Chapter 13

The final chapter is here!!! 13.5k enjoy!

***

The club was mostly dark lit only with red and purple neon lights. Owned by one of the underbosses of the Cobras, it was well-known among the underground circle.

The electronic dance music was good but he was in no mood to enjoy it. If Jungkook had a choice, he wouldn't even be here. He was here to meet one of the potential customers from France. Fortunately, for them, the man seemed to enjoy this place a little too much. The music was upbeat and there were strippers on each pole attached to the circular table.

The VIP section had sectional sofas with a small white round table in the middle where they had put the drinks and appetizers. Leo Toussaint was all smiles when a dancer slid next to him, offering him a lap dance, which he graciously accepted. No touching rule went out of the window under a minute and neither the dancer nor the customer seemed to mind.

Things like these were normal in these strip clubs. At least, he knew Jimin's clubs ensured the safety of their workers and they were here voluntarily. The customers were well aware of what would happen if someone messed with one of the staff. Touching without consent would lead to a permanent ban and in worst-case scenarios, a bullet to the head.

Jungkook refused at least three offers for lap dance by the time Jimin finally showed up. He dismissed the dancers with a flick of his wrist, who scampered off and away—much to Leo's dismay.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, perplexed that Jimin showed up despite his busy schedule. When he informed us that the meeting was happening at one of his clubs, Jimin had said he was tied up with something.

Jimin just shrugged. "Didn't realize the meeting was here at first. Had to be here just in case."

"Why—" His unasked question was answered when someone familiar slid into his view.

Jungwoo looked ridiculous in his shiny red sequined boxers. His arms and legs were shackled in thin silver chains, limiting his movements while an electric collar adorned his neck. Jungkook cringed upon noticing the little pasties on his chest. Whoever came up with the idea to put red heart-shaped nipple pasties on him had a horrible taste. Then he could tell it was meant to look horrible. He almost choked on his saliva upon noticing the red bunny ears headband and the red ankle boots.

Everyone knew about Jungwoo's offenses and the public believed he was behind the bars. But in reality, here he was, working in the strip club.

The former crime lord's face was red with shame and his hands trembled as he placed the drinks on their table. Jimin pulled his wheelchair closer to him, snaking a hand over his knee. Jungkook's throat tightened. Jungwoo looked exhausted with black circles under his eyes. He had lost a lot of weight and there were a few bruises on his torso.

Jungkook looked away. He had to remind himself that his mother went through worse for twenty-one years and then his sister was forcefully taken off school and put in one of the clubs just like this. His eyes burned with tears as his rage burned even brighter.

His hands trembled as the memories flooded him. When Jimin refused to share information he wanted, he had hounded Hoseok and didn't leave him until the man revealed every painful tidbit.

This punishment would never be enough but he could tell this would kill him little by little. First, it would strip him of his pride. Nothing was worse than to serve the men he hated as enemies for decades, to stand in front of them, stripped and looking ridiculous like this.

Jimin squeezed his thigh. "For mom and Jeoni," he whispered.

Jungkook nodded shakily. "I don't regret it."