Chapter 12

Wohoo!!! Just one more and then we are done. Enjoy the 10k!

***

Jungkook took a deep breath and braced himself. His face was a stoic mask, jaw clenched and fingers curled in his lap, as they got ready to exit the private jet.

Yoongi stood by the open door where the airhostess stood with a professional smile plastered on her face. Jia walked past him, her red blazer draped in one hand, looking elegant as ever in her red pencil skirt, white blouse, and red stilettos.

Namjoon put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently in a silent show of assurance. He nodded once. He was ready for this. It had been more than a month and a half since he left Seoul. His mother's surgery was a success and she was safely transferred to the Bratva compound with a live-in doctor and nurse.

"Calm down, lover boy," Aera chirped. "I'm sure the big boy right here got things handled."

"'M not a big boy," Namjoon grumbled under his breath. The red painting his ears and neck said otherwise.

"You sure you're not big? But that's not the assumption I'm getting right now."

Jungkook chuckled. He could imagine her checking him out shamelessly behind his back. Their meeting was quite interesting.

When Namjoon expressed his doubts of her capability upon their first meeting earlier that day, she had simply taken him down in a matter of seconds, knees on both sides of his neck, gun pointing at his temple. Namjoon tried to flip her but she already had a knife pressed to his privates with a smirk. It was safe to say he had never seen Namjoon that flustered before.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "We should head out."

Jungkook operated the wheelchair with ease now. Jimin's words had given him more confidence and he was determined to clear the streets off those fucking rats before he brought his mom and sister home.

Though he was a little bummed out that his boyfriend couldn't be here with him, he knew he was watching over him. Jimin had arrived in Seoul a week earlier to take care of things here.

"Let's go, hyung." He pushed forward. Yoongi's proud smile was all he needed to know he was doing the right thing.

The Seoul air was different, comforting even. It was good to be back home. The sky was clear and the weather pleasant unlike the storm brewing in his mind. He was headed right to the company building to participate in the board meeting.

It had more to do with the asshole of his father rallying the board of directors to get him replaced. He was chased away from the gang but the company was a whole different story. He was still the Chairman of the board and it wasn't easy to replace him without the support of the other board members.

Aera and Namjoon flanked his sides while Yoongi and Jia walked ahead of them. The cameras flashed the moment they stepped out of the airport doors. It only took a moment for them to recognize him. A few reporters present in the area hurried toward him with their mics extended.

However, before they could even reach within twenty feet of him, several bodyguards in black suits surrounded them.

"Keep them away," Aera barked, guiding them toward the van parked closer.

Jungkook knew the news would be splashed all over the media in mere seconds, which was exactly what they were hoping for. He pulled his phone out as soon as they took off.

BREAKING NEWS: CEO Jeon Jungkook is back in Seoul after almost two months.

JUST IN: Jeon Jungkook was spotted at the Incheon Airport this morning. He was seen arriving in a wheelchair along with Deputy CEO Kim Namjoon and Min Yoongi.