Straw-hats x Reader (62)

Regular
???
Male Reader (M/n)
-Context-
After Marineford M/n feels immense guilt for not being able to save Ace. Instead of staying with Luffy and Law to heal He decides for his incompetence... he needs to pay for it.
-Info, Years and YEARS in the future, Like, Luffy's the Pirate King now.

==========

Spending years in a prison cell wasn't the best way to spend his time. But he felt it was necessary and everyone on the island knew that. None of them judged him for it either.  They thought it was heartwarming... but all the older adults, knew he wanted to go back out to sea. The way he'd look at the waters, How excited he seemed to get every time he saw a ship... but disappointed when it wasn't familiar. 

He'd walk the shores, letting the children of the village try and pester him to tell them stories of his time as a pirate. He refused every single time, saying that they weren't ready to learn about what group he was a part of. The adults thanked him for not telling the kids, They'd only get more excited about it all. Years had gone by, and M/n had left the crew with nothing to follow him. Only a letter... One that said he was leaving the crew... It expressed his guilt for not being able to save Ace even though he was at Marineford with Luffy.

The crew had spent so much time searching for him... even now. They kept looking, at every island they went to. They'd ask if they had seen someone of M/ns appearance. M/n would read newspapers religiously. They always had updates on the crew. It made him happy...

=== FLASHBACK ===

Looking at Luffy... He knew he wasn't going to wake up soon. and when he did M/n was sure Luffy was going to blame him for not moving fast enough. Giving his captain...and Brother, One last hug. He left a note with Law, expressing his thanks, and telling him to give it to Luffy when he woke up... After that, M/n borrowed a boat And sailed out. Going back to marineford. He turned himself in. Guilty beyond belief. Reporters were astonished. none of them had expected M/n to turn himself in. But once they heard why... They too felt remorse for Ace's death. No one thought about how, He was someone's family, friend... Someone important to them. Despite his choice in life...

=== END ===

M/n watched the waves, regretting his choice... He wished he could go back, see them all again. He wished he had been there to see Luffy become the pirate king. M/n had given up his dream of painting the seas in all their glory but settled for painting every angle of the waves... Most of his works were based on the Crew. Each painting is dedicated to each member of the crew. He hoped they had found the pieces of Art that were meant for each member. 

Vivi had visited him in prison, She expressed her sadness. She wished he was out there with the crew, being on silly adventures. She even went so far as to threaten to tell them his whereabouts. He was sure she would one day. But he was hoping when the day would come where the crew would see him again... It'd be through 6 feet of soil. M/n didn't think he'd be able to bear seeing them ever again after leaving so abruptly...

" Hey... We know you always say no... but could you just tell us one story?" A little girl asked, her name was Aline, she was the Mayor's daughter, and aspired to be a navigator.

"...Fine, You want to be a Navigator right?" M/n hummed, "Why don't I tell you about my old crews Navigator?"

"YES! Please!" She sat down with all of the other kids, Each of them waiting patiently for him to start

"Well, Our Navigator was as stubborn as a Bull and was able to trick any guy into paying impossible fees. Her dream was to draw a map of the world. It was something she had become interested in as a child... Drawing maps was as easy as... well... As Easy as picking up a stick!" M/n chuckled, "She had tricked our swordsman into constantly being in debt, from only ever borrowing money from her once. He never stopped complaining about it!..." M/n looked off in the distance, The kids loved when he would tell them stories, even if it was short ones...