Chapter 10: Heartbroken

I sat up a little straighter "Jordan... You're scaring me..." I whispered my eyes darting around the room "Lux.. I don't know how to say this..." He whispered shifting from foot to foot uneasily "I can't keep doing this"he said looking away from me "Lux... I love you so much... I really do but-" before he could finish my phone buzzed, I slowly picked it up and saw I got a text from an anonymous number. All the colour instantly drained from my face and a sick feeling raged in my stomach, tears blurred my vision and as I stared at a picture that someone had texted me. I looked up at Jordan and simply turned my phone around showing him the picture, his mouth opened and closed as if he didn't know what to say. The picture that I was sent was of Jordan kissing a girl... But that girl wasn't me. I took a deep breath "what is this" I said holdings back a sob "Lux.. That's what I was trying to tell you about, it wasn't my fault I-" he rambled but I cut him off "I don't need any fucking excuses what I need is answers" I said standing up "Lux please" Jordan cried as I stormed towards the front door, he grabbed my arm just as I had opened the door. I spun around to face him tears streaming down my face "I knew falling in love with you was a bad idea" I whispered pulling my arm from his grasp and walking out, the moment the door slammed behind me was the moment that my heart shattered into a million pieces.

I walked all the way to the highway where Brayden had agreed to meet me after I explained what happened on the phone. I collapsed into the passenger seat of Brayden's BMW with a sniffle "Lux..." Brayden said softly after I had I slammed the door shut "I love you" he whispered as tears exploded from my eyes, he leaned over and hugged me rubbing my back in a brotherly way as I cried. Brayden hugged me for several seconds before letting go "you'll be okay" he whispered I shook me head "no I wont" I cried letting my head fall into my hands "you will, I promise" Brayden said softly as he started the engine and pulled back onto the highway.

It had been a week since Jordan and I broke up. All I had done since that day was sit in my room, I refused to talk to anyone. I just pulled up at Ryan's house hoping Jordan had already gone home but he hadn't, his car sat parked by Ryan's. I sighed as I got out of my car and slowly walked over to the door, I hesitated to open it 'I don't want to do this' I thought taking a deep breath. I opened the door and walked inside "Ryan?" I called, no one answered but I heard voices coming from inside the kitchen. I walked into the living room and peeked into the kitchen where I saw Ryan yelling at Jordan "How the fuck could you do that to her" Ryan yelled his fists clenched and his face red "Ryan, I told you it wasn't my fault" Jordan whispered his eyes teary and his face pale "Don't fucking lie to me, Jordan" Ryan scoffed crossing his arms "I thought we were just friends but I guess she thought we were more I swear I only wanted to be her friend..." Jordan cried "I love Lux... So much" Jordan whispered looking at his feet "well you should have thought about that before you cheated" Ryan said harshly "now get the fuck out of my house" he added "Ryan, I can't go back to Seattle"Jordan said desperately "then go stay with Maclean, you aren't welcome here anymore." Ryan snapped, Jordan nodded picking up his bag. As he rounded the corner to leave he almost smacked into me, I took a step back looking at the ground my eyes filling with tears "Lux..." He started but shook his head "I-Im sorry..." He whispered, a single tear ran down his cheek as he walked by and out the door.

Ryan turned the corner and stopped right in front of me "What did you hear" he asked "all of it" I replied, Ryan sighed as my lip started to wobbly and tears started rolling down my cheeks, he wrapped me in a tight hug engulfing me with the familiar sent of marijuana and cologne. Ryan took my hand and led me outside "I know somewhere where we can talk" he said with a soft smile. Ryan took me onto the roof and sat me down in our usual spot, he looked into my teary eyes "he's an idiot" Ryan whispered, I nodded tears streaming down my face "but I love him... So much" I cried putting my head in my hands, Ryan put his arm over my shoulders and let me lean my head on him. I took a few deep shaky breaths trying to stop crying but I failed and ended up sobbing even harder "do you want to talk about it" Ryan asked softly I nodded lifting my head off his shoulder
"why am I not good enough?" I asked
"Lux, you are more than 'good enough'" Ryan replied
"Then why was he with that other girl..." I questioned
"He just kissed her, Lux" Ryan said hesitantly
"You know something don't you" I said sitting up straighter and looking him in the eyes, he avoided my gaze and shook his head
"I know nothing" he stuttered
"Tell me" I demanded
"He slept with her" Ryan muttered under his breath
"H-he what?!" I cried
"He slept with her" Ryan said again
I slowly leaned my head onto Ryan's shoulder and let out a sob
"If he had just kissed her I wouldn't have kicked him out of my house... I thought you'd catch on to that eventually" Ryan said running his hand through his hair
"Does Brayden know" I asked my voice barely audible
Ryan just nodded
"Ryan.." I whispered
"Yes" he replied
"Why do I still love him..." I asked
"Who knows" Ryan said softly
We both stood up and made our way off the roof and into the house.