Chapter 11: Smashed To Pieces

I felt the world spin around me as I dropped my phone "Lux what's going on?.." Lydia asked reaching over and touching my arm, I slowly fell to my knees onto the floor and put my head in my hands a sick feeling swirling in my stomach. Lydia bent down and grabbed my arm lifting me to my feet "lets go outside" she whispered supporting my weight as we walked out of the building, tears exploded from my eyes as I sobbed onto Lydia's shoulder "Lux, seriously what happened" Lydia questioned just as Ryan pulled up, he jumped out of his car and ran over to us "Ryan what's going on?!" Lydia asked sounding more panicky by the minute "Jordan was hit by a car" Ryan said quickly as he sat me down in the passenger seat of his car "WHAT?" Lydia almost yelled, Ryan just nodded as he got into the drivers seat and started the car "I'll meet you guys at the hospital" Lydia said running to the parking lot to get to her car.

The entire ride to the hospital Ryan attempted to talk to me but all I managed to do was say "it's all my fault". I jumped out of the car before Ryan had even managed to fully stop the car at the hospital "he's in room 104 floor 2" Ryan yelled after me, I ran into the building and right past the front desk, I swerved at the elevator and went straight to the stairs, I ran up 2 flights of stairs before reaching the second floor, I ran down the hallway until I reached room 104. I burst into the room Ryan right behind me, I ran over to the bed he was laying in. He had tons of beeping machines hooked up to him, I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me "miss you can't be in here, we aren't allowing visitors yet" a nurse said slowly pushing me out of the room, without thinking I pushed past the nurse and ran to Jordan tears streaming down my face, he smiled up at me softly as I slipped my hand in his "Jordan what happened" I asked taking shaky breaths as the nurse walked up behind me and grabbed my shoulders lightly leading me towards the door "after your graduation... I realized how much I fucked up with you and I just didn't even look when I crossed the road because I felt like nothing really mattered anymore, I figured that without you I'd never be happy again" Jordan whispered just as the nurse closed the door.

Lydia arrived just as I was escorted out of the room. Ryan, Lydia and I sat in the hallway outside of Jordan's room for hours waiting to be told we could go in. Finally the nurse came out into the hallway "you guys should probably go home" the nurse said softly "no!" I cried springing to my feet "I will not leave him here!" I added tears blurring my vision, the nurse scratched the back of her neck "okay fine! You can stay, but they have to go home" the nurse said gesturing to Lydia and Ryan.

I sat in a chair beside Jordan leaning on the hospital bed, Lydia and Ryan had agreed to go home so it was just Jordan and I. I looked at Jordan debating wether I should speak or not, I finally decided to speak "Jordan..." I said softly "yes" Jordan replied looking over at me "why did you cheat..." I asked biting my lip to hold back the tears building up in my eyes "I didn't... I mean I did but not on purpose... She was a friend and we had been hanging out a lot lately, but apparently she thought we were more than friends because she kissed me and when I pulled away and said I dot like her that way she insisted I do and kissed me again... I swear Lux... I love you and I would never do that to you" Jordan whispered a single tear rolling own his cheek, I wiped the year away "I believe you" I whispered looking into his eyes "Lux... My world was so dull without you" jordan said softly "Jordan, without you I was absolutely miserable..." I said before softly kissing him careful not to touch any wounded areas.

Half an hour later Jordan had fallen asleep, I laid my head against his bed closing my eyes I sighed softly "I'm glad you came" Jordan whispered "I thought you were asleep" I said " nope" Jordan replied "you know, the moment I found out you were hit by a car, my entire world came crashing around me... I thought you were dead... My heart was smashed to pieces" I whispered, Jordan reached down taking my hand in his "I love you" he said quietly "I love you too" I whispered closing my eyes. Minutes later both of us had drifted off to sleep hand in hand.