Chapter 4: Bayani Does Mean Hero

~*~TRIGGER WARNING!! This fanfic does have some parts that I feel I should make it clear that if you are uncomfortable with acts of self harm/suicide then you should be careful when reading chapters that say trigger warning at the start~*~

It was Sunday afternoon, the morning before PAX! Earlier I had spend almost two hours explaining everything that happened between Jordan and I to Shayla and she was so happy for me! I skipped into the living room, stopped beside Ryan and poked him, he took his headphones off and looked at me "what do you want Lux?"he said looking slightly annoyed, I giggled "Do you know where Jordan is?"i asked, Ryan rolled his eyes teasingly "backyard"he said "thanks!" I replied patting him on the head before walking to the back door.

I felt he world spin around me as I stood on the grass in the backyard 'this is not happening'I thought shaking my head, right in front of me was the worst possible thing I could ever imagine, my best friend kissing the guy I liked. I took a step back my eyes filling with tears, Shayla pulled away from Jordan smiling cheekily, they both turned and looked at me shocked, Shayla walked over to me and as she brushed past me to go inside she whispered "I'm winning." I stood in the grass to flabbergasted to speak, Jordan took a step towards me his mouth open like he wanted to talk but no words came out, I shook my head, spun on my heel and ran inside.

I was shuffling through the drawers in the living room trying to find a pencil sharpener when Parker walked in "whatcha looking for?" He asked "a pencil sharpener" I said digging through a drawer "got some dull pencils?" He asked crossing his arms "yep" I muttered, he laughed "there is one on the counter" he said shaking his head before disappearing into his room, I raced across the room and snatched the pencil sharpener form the counter "yes" I whispered before making my way to the bathroom, I locked the door and sat on the edge of the bath tub attempting to remove the blade from the pencil sharpener, it took a few seconds but I finally popped it out and held it in my hand as tears escaped my eyes, soon my makeup was running down my face and I looked very black and gooey, after 3 years of self harming I had developed a pretty amazing skill of removing blades from pencil sharpeners. I held the blade to my arm and sliced three lines in my skin, I winced slightly but the pain had never bothered me much anyway, I watched the blood drizzle down my arm before I ran the blade through my skin a few more times until my arm was covered in cris cross cuts and blood, I walked to the sink and cleaned myself up before hiding the blade in my pocket, I rolled the sleeve to my hoodie down to cover my arm. I rummaged through the drawer until I found what I really had come for, a bottle of sleeping pills. I opened the bottle and poured all the pills into my hand "this will be the time I succeed" I whispered as I stuffed them in my pocket, I pulled my hood over my head and emerged from the bathroom, I headed straight for the door but before I could make it through Brayden appeared "Where are you going?" He questioned, I looked down "for a walk" I said trying no to sound suspicious, Brayden eyes me curiously before saying "okay... Don't be gone too long" I let out a breath and opened the door, I began walking down the sidewalk and soon I began running "I know exactly where I want to go" I whispered as I ran.

*Jordan's POV*
Ever since Lux had witnessed Shayla kiss me I have felt terrible, I hated myself for what I had done and couldn't stand the fact I did it, I had considered cutting again but I fought the thought as hard as I could but I finally gave up, As I walked to the bathroom I noticed Lux emerge and head for the door, my heart sank as she talked to Brayden before leaving so I continued into the bathroom with a blade in my pocket but before I had even rolled up my sleeve I noticed a bottle of sleeping pills on the counter, I picked it up only to find it was empty, I scanned the bathroom and instantly noticed a drop of blood on the edge of the bathtub, it took a while to sink in before I finally understood, I ran out of the bathroom with the empty bottle and grabbed my jacket from the coat hook putting it on in a frenzy "whoa whoa whoa, what going on dude?!" Brayden asked looking at me questioningly, I tossed the empty bottle of pills to him and he caught it reading the label "so?..." He said shrugging "Lux was in the bathroom last, there was blood on the floor and that bottle was on the counter, it used to be full" I said opening the door "shit, RYAN, MITCH LETS GO!" Brayden yelled, Ryan and Mitch appeared and Brayden explained the situation "okay, Jordan you go on foot, Ryan, Mitch and I will go in the van"Brayden said as they got in the van, I nodded before running in the direction that I was positive she had gone in.