Eighteen: I Remember

For Yona, and anyone else who helped out with the plagiarism problem ^_^ Love you all so much!

~

The first thing I was aware of, was the extreme pain travelling through my body. This may have been one of my most magic-exhausted times.

I manage to sit up, my eyes closed tightly, rubbing my head. When my vision clears, I am staring up at Karianna.

"Is he-" I struggle out.

"Unconscious as well."

She gives me a hand and pulls me to my feet. I groan nearly fall over again. Midnight watches from her cell, her face expressionless.

"You can re-absorb me. You don't have enough magic to sustain the two of us," she says.

I hadn't even thought about letting her back into my head.

Kari goes over to help Nightwing stand as I use one of her lounges to help me stand. It appears that he hit the wall behind her other sofa, then landed on the floor behind it.

When he stands up, I hold my breath, hoping and praying that the spell worked. "Are you alright?" Kari asks quietly.

"That was..." He trails off, rubbing his head. I stare at him with immense anticipation. Waiting for the words.

When he looks at me, I wish that stupid mask was anywhere but covering his eyes. I wanted to see if there was any familiarity in them.

"I can't believe you knew about the engagement ring," he suddenly says, fashioning his trademark smirk.

My heart begins racing as my mind tries to scramble together the little information is has been given.

"You remember?" I whisper, taking short, little steps aroun the sofa as he does the same. My shaky legs try to stay as steady as possible.

He smiles, "I remember."

Hana. He remembers.

Just like that, I watched my faith in everything grow again. Suddenly all of those tiny things seemed possible again, as fireworks or hope and bliss blow up in my heart and mind.

"We'll just...be in the other room," I hear Kariana say, as she and the cage containing Midnight disappear from the room.

The first touch I feel is his gloved hand on my face, his thumb running over my cheekbone lovingly. I look up at him, before reaching up and taking his mask off.

There is was, the familiar blue. "I missed you," I choke out, not letting the tiny tears that came to my eyes fall. He grins, making me laugh.