Twenty Seven: Symbolic

'Hana? Hana!'

'Not the time Midnight.'

'Shove him away now! This is about Klarion!'

Regretfully, I place my hands on Dick's chest and give a little push. His lips leave mine and he looks confused. I sigh and kiss his cheek, before leaning back against the bedroom door.

"What about Klarion?" I say out loud, signifying that I was talking to my inner demon. Dick frowns slightly, holding my hand and walking across the room.

I sit on the edge of the bed.

'He has a soul in his soul machine, more powerful than the others.'

'How do you know?'

'The Mother told me.'

I laugh in vain, startling Dick who sat at his desk filling out some papers.

'Let me guess. She gave you some stupid cryptic saying that deduces to the answer, right?'

'Sort of. Don't be so rude to her. She'll send you to songstress hell. Anyway, the reason she wants you to deal with it, is because you're the reason the soul is stronger.'

'Me?'

'You. A soul is made stronger by sentimental attachment- especially attachments to mystic beings.'

'And that being is me?'

'Yes. You. Are you seeing where I am going with this?'

'Someone I think is dead is actually not?'

'Yes; someone who has a sentimental attachment to you, and has donned a mystical artefact.'

'Do I tell-'

'I wouldn't. You know how he gets. Plus, he might get his hopes up if it's Wally or something.'

If it's Wally.

"I've got to go," I sigh, standing up. Dick looks disappointed.

"Why?"

"Doctor Fate and Karianna believe he's up to something. I have to go to the Tower of Fate," I say. He's convinced and stands up.

"Hurry back," he smiles. I kiss him, before my uniform begins to cover me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so glad we found a house though," I smile, kissing him again before leaving the room to go down into the Batcave.

I take the Zeta to the new base.

It's thirty meters below a forest in Wisconsin. Above ground is a large cottage, where Superboy, La'gann, Gar, M'gann and Mal will live.