Five: Heavy Stuff

It feels like they are dying all over again.

Mom, Mary, John, Garn'zee, Tula... and now Alan.

"You should know; many Lanterns who are here in the after life have been watching you in your endeavour to uphold justice upon becoming the Emerald Star," he says.

Alan Scott is an Earth Green Lantern, who passed away many years ago.

"Thank you; a lot of my beliefs are based off of you, really," I reply.

"Well, it was an honour to see you again, Miss Shiloh."

He had faded after shaking my hand. A cross the thumb area of my palm is three X's. As to what they do, will be another gift entirely, but this is what Alan had given me.

"I'm not mad anymore. I just want to get out of here!" I yell, hoping that 'the Mother' hears me.

"Stop whining like a brat. Didn't I raise you better?" Someone says. I spin around on the spot, trying to locate where the familiar voice came from.

There is a tap on my shoulder. I swerve, only to find Lana, my childhood nanny, standing before me.

"Hello, little flower."

"Miss Lana!" I say, hugging her. She laughs.

"Good to see at least your manners have not gone astray."

"W-Well, you taught me well!"

"I suppose it is partially thanks to me," she smiles.

She grabs my hand, which has the crosses from Alan Scott. "The Mother believes you may need help again from those in the Never Kingdom. If you ever need to contact them, simply carve one of the X's into your skin and recite the name of who you seek."

To be honest I did not care. This place is torture, why the hell would I want to return?

"Taking care of my car?"

"As always. Top of the line polish, regular washes," I grin.

"Good. But don't ever let that Daphne girl drive it again."

I laugh, "I don't plan on it."

She chuckles quietly, before patting my hair. "You've grown so much. Whatever happened to the little girl who dragged me along to the cinemas every time a Disney screening was on?"

"Still here, although for the past few years its been either Nightwing or Superboy I drag along," I grin.

Her smile is one I have missed, but it is sad. "Live your life Hana," says. I nod silently but then realise she is fading.

"W-Wait! Do you know what I need to do? How I get out of here?" I yell, trying to grab her. She just smiles at me and fades.