Twenty Five: Correct Words

I prove here that I keep my threats. I told you IT would be your downfall ;)

~

"So you think the Performer has someone on the inside?"

"A whole bunch of details for the concert went missing from out school last week, including the bank details for the prize money and donations. I pulled some footage from the theatre and found this."

The Team were assembled in the near empty warehouse. Our new base would be ready soon, which was definitely exciting.

Daphne brings up video footage of two girls in Academy uniforms walking through the audience seats.

"I can identify them as Suzie Cresta and Marnie Bortly," she says; her face screws up at the names.

"Suzie and Marnie... they're your main rivals at school, huh?" Jaime asks. Daphne nods.

"Questioning her as ourselves might let on to the Performer that we know he plans to strike. Is there any way you can get anything out of them?"

"I can talk to Marnie. As Daphne. I can work it out to my advantage... Maybe I should use the camera contacts and the mic?"

"Are you sure those are safe?"

"Of course," she says dismissively.

Camera contacts are contact lenses that send a live feed of what the person wearing them is seeing, to a monitor.

"Okay, when can this be arranged?"

She looks at her watch. "The chess club usually meet at the library this time of the weekend. I can probably catch her there," she says.

"Go then. Be careful though; have good reasons and answers for any questions. Don't let on anything too serious."

She nods firmly, before walking down towards the zeta-tubes. The Team begin discussing another case as Jaime catch Daph by the waist.

They really are the cutest thing. He kisses her and she laughs, hugging him before leaving through the Zeta-tubes.

It has been six days since I went to see EJ about meeting Cody. Between then and now, Dick and I have narrowed our next location down to three different places.

Deciding whether or not to meet Cody is still stirring in my mind.

"Hana, your phone is ringing," Swiftchick speeds over and hands me my mobile. I thank her and answer the unknown number.

"Hello? Hanabrie speaking," I say.

"Good morning, Doctor Shiloh. My name is Trent Brazen. I'm from the Medical Association of America."