Emily Dickinson 2

(The dress Emily is wearing in the photo is the one shi will wear in the dinner.)

Y/n's POV

The time had come to reunite with my friends after so many years. I had spent the day cleaning my old room, since we will be here for at least a month and it would not be healthy to sleep in a room full of dust and dirt.

I had changed my dress, for one a little more formal and simple than the one I had worn during the day. It consisted of a egyptian blue long-sleeved dress with details of a dark green similar to brown.

I had pulled my dirty blonde hair up into a low bun and left two wavy strands loose on either side of my face

I had pulled my dirty blonde hair up into a low bun and left two wavy strands loose on either side of my face. Once with shoes the same color as the dress, I leave my room and go downstairs holding the dress.

I look for my mother with my eyes on the first floor, finding her sitting on the sofa in the living room and reading a book with total tranquility. I walk towards her stealthily, so she doesn't notice me, and stand behind her .

Y/n: Mother.- I call her and she jumps in her place screaming because of the fright.

Mary: For the love of the Lord, how dare you scare me and laugh on top of that.- she reproaches me with a hand on his heart, turning to see me and finding me laughing at his reaction.

Y/n: You have to admit that it was funny mother.- I assure her without stopping laughing and receiving a not very positive look from her.

Mary: It hasn't been funny, daughter.- She seriously denies. -I'm old now and these scares aren't healthy.- she reminds me and I roll my eyes at her exaggeration.

Y/n: It hasn't been that much mother.- i downplayed it by walking around the room. -In addition, there is a study that says that scares help to have a stronger health and delay the aging of the face.- I explain trying to sound credible.

Mary: And can you know why ? - asks leaving the closed book on her lap and crossing her arms without taking her eyes off me.

Y/n: Because of the endorphins and the adrenaline that is generated in moments of fright.- I respond by looking at the library in the room and avoiding her gaze. -During a scare, the heart pumps more blood together with the endorphins and makes them act with more force on the skin and the rest of the organs.- I finish telling her, taking a book off the shelf and feigning interest.

Mary: And does that study really exist or are you just making it up?- She asks me and I look at her raising my eyebrows offended.

Y/n: Of course the study exists mother.- I answer as if she had insulted me.

Mary: I'm going to pretend that I believe you because of my emotional and mental state above all.- She sighs, closing her eyes for a few seconds. - Are you ready to go to the Dickinson house?- she asks me with a slight smile.

Y/n: As you can't imagine mother.- I respond excitedly. – Finally, after thirteen years I will be able to get back together with the girls and talk to them in person instead of by letter.- i explaine and I see how the smile on his face widens.