03

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

CHAPTER THREE
open book

Morning classes were slow; that was the one thing that Chelsea knew for certain. They all began the same, with a smile and an introduction to the class before talking about the lessons for the week. All of which Chelsea already knew from her old school back in Massachusetts. She was pleased that she would be ahead of her lessons for the next couple of weeks since she would be able to use her old notes.

She did happen to share a few classes with people that introduced themselves after the first period; then gained the courage to say hi and invite her to sit with them at lunch. She didn't make any promises to any of them, almost waiting to see if she would talk to Marlene once more. She hasn't since the brunette since their small chat that morning, and even though it was short, Chelsea enjoyed the confident girl's presence.

The other person that Chelsea was waiting to see was Bella. The blonde couldn't say that she was surprised she hadn't seen the junior at all, since their classes would differ from their grade status - but she was surprised she didn't see Bella in between periods.

The bell sounded through the school, ending their fifth period of the day and beginning the start of lunch. Chelsea's eyes looked around the hallways, smiling at a few familiar faces when they waved her way. She paused in her movements when she saw a familiar brunette shoving along students before a bright smile managed to wiggle on her face.

"Bella!"

The brunette turned quickly at the sound of her name before sighing in relief as she made eye contact with a familiar blue. "Chelsea, hey." Bella waited until the older teen caught up before they both pushed their way through the double doors of the cafeteria.

"How's your first day?" Chelsea asked, chuckling when a blush fell on Bella's face at the sudden attention from the whole cafeteria.

"Could be better," Bella muttered as the both of them walked to the salad bar. "I'm sick of all the attention. It's like they've never seen a new student before."

"Probably haven't," Chelsea answered easily. "This is Forks, after all. You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."

Bella rolled her eyes, playfully knocking her shoulder against the blondes.

"Bella!"

The two girls looked over their shoulder as an Asian boy was waving the brunette over. Bella gripped Chelsea's sleeve and looked at her with pleading eyes. "Sit with me."