05

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

CHAPTER FIVE
phenomenon

        The cold wind nipped at Chelsea's cheeks as she reached for Bella's door handle. She sighed as the wind cut off from the door being closed behind her, relishing in the warm air the old truck offered.

"Thanks for the ride," Chelsea sighed thankfully. She would have called John for a ride this morning, but her mom was already asking questions if the boy was her boyfriend. She had to deny every claim that her mother made by explaining that they were just friends - and that's all they'd ever be.

"It's fine," Bella answered as she drove the truck slowly. Her knuckles were tight against the steering wheel, her brown eyes never glancing away from the road in front of her.

The roads were covered in a fresh layer of snow, an unpleasant surprise so early in the morning. Chelsea's Mustang was covered with a tarp to reduce the water damage to her paint - all the while her mother gave her the look that said I Told You So. Chelsea wasn't pleased to give her mother the satisfaction of being right about her precious car.

"I actually appreciate you driving with me this morning," Bella continued. "Makes me feel less worried about crashing."

Chelsea chuckled at the unlikely possibility of the truck crashing. The old beast was probably better than most vehicles in the snow than what other students were driving into school with. "I'm sure we'll be fine. This truck can handle anything."

Bella's lips twitched at the compliment.

The brunette slowly drove through the student parking lot. The parking spots were covered with snow, so most cars were parked half-hazardously. Bella groaned as she parked in an open area close enough to the staircase leading into the school.

"I'm really not liking the snow." Bella's teeth chattered against themselves as Chelsea walked over toward the driver's side. The blonde was zipping up her jacket as Bella grabbed her backpack from the cab.

"Who put the snow chains on your truck?" Chelsea asked as she looked down at the tires, seeing silver poke through the mush that stuck to the rubber.

"Huh?" Bella asked, leaning closer to her tire to investigate. Her numb fingers traced the silver chain with a frown etched on her face. Her eyes continued to look downcast as she muttered, "Charlie must have put them on this morning."

"Your dad puts snow chains on your tires, my mom makes fun of me for having a two-wheeled drive car," Chelsea scoffed out a laugh.