10

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

CHAPTER TEN
theories

"You're a vampire."

It was quiet in the car as Chelsea watched Jasper's silent disposition. Her bottom lip was caught between her teeth, waiting for him to tell her that she was wrong - or that it was some elaborate prank that the whole family pulled on two new girls from out of state. But he never did. His eyes were staring straight ahead as the theory rang through both of their heads.

"Say something," Chelsea whispered, becoming anxious with the prolonged silence. She wrapped her arms around herself, not understanding the sunken feeling in her chest as Jasper finally turned his golden eyes toward her. "Am... am I wrong?"

"No." Jasper shook his head, turning his head away again. "You're not wrong."

Chelsea let out a deep breath. Her subconscious was still trying to make sense of the supernatural. Her fist clenched in her lap, realizing that everything that she had grown up to know was a curtain over the truth. She felt so blind to the world that she thought she knew. It wasn't until Jasper Hale pulled away from the sheet that she saw it for what it was.

Chelsea was pulled out of her stupor once Jasper put the car back into drive. He easily merged with the oncoming traffic, bringing the speedometer up to speed that the blonde couldn't even imagine controlling.

"Woah!" She gasped as it started to hit one-hundred and thirty miles per hour.

"What?" Jasper switched his eyes over to his companion. His eyes were dark against the moonlight, not giving Chelsea a clear read of his emotions.

"Slow down! You're going to get pulled over," Chelsea said, searching wildly through the side windows, waiting for blue lights to pop up behind them.

Jasper chuckled darkly. "I've never been pulled over," he explained, but his foot eased up a little on the pedal.

The Lockhart frowned at his amusement but her shoulders relaxed against her seat as the needle hit eighty miles per hour. "Where are we going?"

"I'm dropping you off at your house," he answered easily.

Chelsea's frown didn't let up. She knew that she had many questions for the blond, but nowhere to start. As much as she was shocked by the revelation, she was intrigued. She never would have guessed that Paul's tribal story was actually factual. It made her wonder if the rest of his story was true - about the Spiritual Warriors. It made her glance out into the woods as Jasper pulled into her home's driveway.