04

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

CHAPTER FOUR
absence

Chelsea looked around, trying to find any sort of escape route. Her breathing was leaving her lungs in puffs as her eyes searched wildly in the dark. A tremor began in her shoulders as she hid behind a tree. She placed her hands against the rough bark as her name was called out.

"Chelsea!"

She shut her eyes as a sob worked its way up her throat. The voice haunted her as it continued to call out, looking for her away from the trail that she began running from.

She opened her eyes as a light came from the other end of the forest. She looked around the bark of the tree, not seeing anybody following her. She stepped away from her hiding place before running further into the trees toward the white light. Any source of help was greatly appreciated since the blonde didn't know how much longer she would be able to play the game of cat and mouse.

"Chelsea, please."

The blonde stopped her running at the plea from the voice behind her. She turned in her spot searching through the darkness of the wilderness as a body stepped out from between the trees. The tremors in her shoulders stopped as she made eye contact with familiar hazel hues. Jasper's hand stretched out toward her as he plated himself a few trees away.

"I would never hurt you."

Chelsea managed to take a step forward, as a grin settled on Jasper's face. As she took another step, the calming hazel eyes turned into a murky brown. Chelsea paused in her movements when Jasper stepped further into the light, a sinister grin placed on his face as it contorted into another.

"You know I would never hurt you, baby girl."

The blonde tried moving but he was too fast. His hands gripped her upper arms as he dragged her forward. Brown eyes turned red as she let a scream out from the back of her throat. He growled before dipping his head down and slicing into her neck.

"Chelsea!"

The girl gasped as she sat up in bed, searching wildly through her bedroom for red eyes. All she was met with was concerned blue. She relaxed in her mother's arms, realizing that it was just a nightmare. She shuddered as she remembered the end of her nightmare.

Elizabeth frowned deeply at her daughter's tear-stained face. "I thought the nightmares were going away," she muttered.

Chelsea stayed quiet at her mother's words. She thought they had, too. She hasn't had a single nightmare since moving to Forks, but there was something different with this dream. Something completely sinister that Chelsea couldn't put her finger on. She didn't know what any of it meant, and she wasn't too keen on figuring it out.