New York

Chapter 1: New York

Dawn's POV:

Finally, I have arrived in new york, the big city! I can't wait to go to school and live on my own, with no distractions, no bullies, no nagging parents telling me, "Dawn, sit up straight" "Dawn, you will be the face of our company, so study hard and no goofing around", I can finally do what I want, instead of achieving my parent's wishes.

I walk inside my apartment building with all my belongings and head to the receptionist's desk, I sign in and they give me a key and my apartment number. I open my apartment door and it's empty, as I suspected, it's small but cozy. I can see the look on my parent's faces, as I am bringing up each box to my apartment (with some help of course).

There would be disgust on their faces, probably thinking 'what kind of daughter did we raise?' 'look at this outrageous place?' 'what kind of person would live in such a small apartment?'. I shake my head, getting those nasty thoughts out of my mind, "I dont need to worry about them anymore, they aren't here, I can live in peace" I said to myself "what was that, miss?" I hear the man (who has been helping me bring up my boxes) say behind me, "oh nothing, I'm just excited, that's all" I said as I smile at him, "no problem, miss... this is the last of your things" he says as he smiles at me and then asks if I need anything else, I shake my head "no, thank you for your help", I then proceed to close the door.

I let out a deep sigh and thought 'this will take a while to unpack... I'll do it later' I looked at the kitchen, which was small but had enough room for me, 'yes they have coffee'. Once my coffee was done, I poured it into my coffee mug and looked out the window of my apartment, which had a view of 'Washington Square Park, wow, so beautiful' I got lucky when I found this place, I might be rich, but money can't buy a view like this.

I finish my coffee and put the mug in the sink, I grab my coat and head downstairs. I wave to the receptionist, he also waves back. I opened the door and started walking. I take out my phone and input 'Washington Square Park', yes it's close by but I'm new to the city, I dont want to get lost or keep asking people for directions when I have maps on my phone.

I arrive at the park and sit on the nearest bench, I take a deep breath, 'in and out, in and out, in an-' "HEYYY GIRL WASSUP???" I turn around to see who was shouting and as I suspected, it was my best friends, Sharon, Britney, and Amelia. Sharon is the loud one when she enters a room, all eyes are on her, she has short red hair, she is a bit annoying but I still consider her as family. Brittney is a blonde, but she is studying to be a lawyer, she acts mature around everyone she meets, but with us, she is goofy and more herself. Amelia is a Burnette, she is a more bright and bubbly person, she currently isn't studying anything; she wants to travel the world before she starts school; her parents aren't too thrilled, but that's her choice.

"Sooo... how's your first day in the BIG CITY!" Sharon asked.

"Honestly...? it is.... better than I expected," I said.

"Have you met any hotties?" Brittney asked with a smirk on her face.

"no..." I answered in a quiet tone. Guys have never really been my top priority, my friends are always trying to set me up or go to parties but that's not my thing.

"ugh... girl you're so boring when was the last time you talked to a guy? let alone even look at a guy?"

"I'm not sure... you know guys aren't my top priority"

"yes but you in college now, away from your parents, live a little" Brittney said while nudging my arm.

"I have a great idea, we should go out tonight, I'll try and find a party to go to," amelia said while getting all excited.

"hmm... I dont know, maybe not today?" I said trying to get out of going to a party, let alone my FIRST party.

"come on Dawn, it will be good to get out, wouldn't it be fun, to go out with your fav gals in NEW YORK!" Sharon said.

All three of them were staring at me, getting all pumped up and excited, I REALLY didn't want to go, but I didn't want to disappoint them either. Back home I would always make excuses, but now I dont have much of an excuse to give.

I let out a deep sigh "fine..." they all started getting super excited and were hugging me.

"you won't regret it, trust us, you'll have the time of your LIFE!" Sharon said while the other two nodded their head rapidly.

"We all will come by your apartment to get ready, we are going ALL OUT TONIGHT!" Brittney said while standing up.

oh boy... my first party, I wonder how it will turn out...

End of chapter 1.