Changes

Chapter 6: Changes

Dawn's POV

It has been about an hour since we arrived at this party Amelia dragged me to, It's nice to get out of the apartment and hang out with my best friend but I dont know... I'm still not a huge fan of parties but this one is nice. There aren't many people and it's a pretty open place, Amelia isn't drinking much, which is a good thing, I'm in the backish part of the room just chilling, drinking my soda, the last thing I need is to be drunk. As I am daydreaming, I jump at the slightest touch on my shoulder, I turn my head to look at the person next to me, 'huh... whos this guy?' "hi, I saw you by yourself and thought, wow what is a gorgeous girl like her doing alone at a party like this?" 'he thinks im alone? what if he's a creep, what if he's a psycho!' "Im here with a group of friends" "oh yeah? where are they?" 'his face seems like he doesn't believe me, maybe it's the lighting', I point to Amelia, and some other random people "why do you care if I am alone?" "no reason.... so you got a boyfriend" 'ugh... this guy reeks of alcohol, what's with his questions?' "ill be right back" "where are you going? You haven't answered my question..." I hurry to the washroom and lock the door, I look in the mirror and try to steady my breathing, I start getting flashbacks to the night I first meet Noah, 'I should text Amelia that I'm leaving.... annd sent' *Ding* 'you're leaving already? it's only been an hour...' "I know but I just remembered I have something to do" 'okay fine, I'm probably going to leave soon anyways, this party is lame... you need a ride back?' "no no, enjoy your night a bit longer, ill get a ride, dont drink too much and be careful! there are some sketchy dudes here..." 'I know right! well okay, text me when you get home' "ditto". As im heading to the elevator, I notice someone following me, I glance back to see who it is and its that guy from earlier, he's not walking straight so I start running to the elevator, took him a bit to start running to but I think he's far enough, I click the button on the elevator "come on, come on, come on!" at the last second I see him hit the elevator door *sigh of relief*, 'I dont feel comfortable walking or taking a cab home, should I text him?' .... "aand sent..."

~~~

It's been about 5mins since I sent Noah that text, in just waiting at the lobby, good thing there's a worker at the lobby so if anything happens at least someone is here. A black car pulls up in front of the building and I see Noah step out of the car, he scans the area and looks at the building and then our eyes lock on each other, I give him a soft smile a little wave, and he smiles and starts walking toward me, every step he takes to me the feeling in my stomach grows, suddenly he's in front of me, "hey, you okay?" "um, ill tell you about it in the car, how are you?" "oh you know, picking up a beautiful girl, in a beautiful dress" *soft chuckle* "I wonder where she is" I look around the room, while he's just staring at me with those eyes "it's you silly *soft smile* so, you wanna get out of here?" "thought you would never ask!" we chuckle and then head out of the building, I look at the worker and he just glares at me, the look on his face makes me jump... I stop for a sec and keep going 'why was he looking at me like that? does he know me? he was creepy...'

~~~

I told Noah everything, the creepy drunk guy, asking the weird question and following me to the elevator, and the worker at the lobby, 'I'm worried about Amelia now... It's been a while and no text from her, that's weird, I'll text her once I get inside'. I open the door to my apartment, "make yourself at home" "woahh, your apartment is amazing!" "Thanks, I put a lot of effort into it" "damn, can I move in with you?" I blush at the thought of living with Noah Armstrong... "um...." "Im just joking" "righhtt, I knew that... so you want anything to drink? coffee? water? juice?" "Nah im good, thanks though" "im going to change quickly, so gimme a second okay? "no worries :)". I rush to my room and close the door "Okay Dawn, no binge there's a boy in your apartment, this is the first time you have a boy in your home..." 'mom and dad would've freaked if I had a boy in the house... well, they aren't here Dawn, it's your home now, you can do whatever and have whoever you want in your apartment, because it's yours!' "I dont want him waiting too long, let me change quick! yeah... lots have changed since I got to New York!".

~~~

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I had to text my friend to see if she was alright" "no worries, how is she" "shes good, she made it home safe, thank God" "that's good... soo, are we still having coffee on Friday?" Noah asks with a little smirk on his face "yeah, unless you have second thoughts?" I ask with a flirtatious smile "Im.. actually looking forward to it" I turn around to face the kitchen corner and sigh, I then look back at him while leaning on the counter, "if your only interested in hanging out with me because you want something from me, then forget about it I dont hangout with players" "Woah, you think im a player? hah, damn im kinda offended, but no, seriously im not hanging out with you because I want something from you, I genuinely think your cool" he looks sincere, I feel relieved "okay, that's good, I've been meaning to ask you, when can I volunteer next at the animal shelter?" "oh I'll send you the details when it happens" "okay thanks, I just love animals, and helping them any way I can, back home I would sneak out just to volunteer at one of those places, my parents were so strict on my leaving the house, what I put my focus in, if I did well it school so I could be the next heir in the company" "I wish I could say I know how you feel, but I dont" I look at him with confusion "Never mind..." We sit in silence for a while and then I break the ice "I'm going to make pasta for dinner, do you want some before you leave?" "Nah I'm alright, I'm uh... I'm going to leave see you in class tomorrow" he says with a slight smile, that seems a bit forced... 'did I say something wrong?' "oh um.. okay uh did I say something that upset you?" "No no, I just realized I have to go" "okay, see y-" *close* 'he left so quick? did I overshare too much again... Amelia told me not to do that... damn it, I hope I didn't ruin things between us'.

End of chapter 6.