Weird Encounters (part 1)

Chapter 7: Weird Encounters (part 1)

Dawn's POV:

I'm still thinking about what happened last night, my conversation with Noah was weird... 'should I ask him about yesterday's conversation?' he probably forgot about our conversation by now, why bother. I enter the building to the class me and Noah share, I'm quite early 'he won't be here' I giggle, when I remember what happened yesterday, between him and the teacher, 'I wonder if he's going to be late again'. Once I take a seat, I see his brown hair and his oversized sweater, he looks up and immediately his light blue eyes lock with my basic brown eyes, I give him a slight smile but before I could wave at him he looks away, and scratches the back of his neck while walking towards his friends. What the actual fuck was that? excuse my French but What was that? 'Okay, now I'm pissed... that was really weird... I have to talk to him after class'.

~~~

The whole class I haven't looked over once... okay, that's a lie, I glanced a few times to see if he would look my way, but he was talking to his friends, there might have been one point where he caught me looking, but hopefully not I dont want to seem effected by his actions. I stretch a bit when the teacher says "Okay, with that being said class, you have been dismissed" 'Finally, class is over' I need to catch him before he leaves, I quickly pack up my things and look around for him, once I see him I start heading toward him, I might be overreacting, but he was acting weird yesterday, and now this... what's going on? "hey Noah!" he glances at me and his friend that is with him, whispers in his ear something that makes him shake his head and he looks up at me again, I finally reach him "hey, are you okay? you have been acting weird with me since last night's convo" "I um... Can we talk about this later? I need to go I'm late" "Wait, this is only gonna take less than a minute... Noah..." he rushes off, and his friend comes over to me, 'damn... his clothes look expensive, wait is that a Rolex on his wrist?' "Please excuse my friend, he's not feeling quite himself today, you must be Dawn, correct?" his accent isn't very heavy, what accent is that?' "yes, and your name is?" "Renato, nice to meet you" "Likewise, is that... Portuguese" "Yeah, also Italian" "ohh okay, you're Italian?" "si, sono Italiano" *yes, I'm Italian* "Wow e 'grandioso" *wow that's great* "you speak Italiano??" "si, I'm half Italian and half Brazilian" "Wow, that's awesome do you speak Portuguese too?" "yes, im fluent in both languages, so... can I ask you a question about Noah" "Yeah, go for it" "Did I do something wrong?" "He's a bit complicated, he just has a troubled past and it takes him a while to warm up to people" "I can understand that but before last night he was completely fine with talking to me... do you know what I did that made him upset?" "Nothing, he just gets like this with people like us sometimes" "Like us?" "Rich people" "Oh... I understand that, but you are his friend, surely he can't believe all rich people are assholes" Renato chuckles a little "Yeah, it took him a while to trust me, but he realized I wasn't like the rest, don't take his actions personally, as I said, he will come around" "okay..." 'I still dont understand, if he can be friends and realize that Renato isn't a mean rich person, then how come he can't realize I'm not like that either, the opposite of my parents'.

~~~

It has been a few days since my conversation with Renato that still has me confused, we have talked multiple times, 'Why is he acting this way now? should I text him? No, Dawn like Renato said, give him some space, and he will come around.... hopefully he does'. *Ding* I pick up my phone and read the reminder notification, 'Reminder: hangout with Noah @3pm, Caffe Reggio' shit I totally forgot about that, let me confirm with Noah if today's actually happening, "hey Noah, just wondering if we are still on for Today, 3pm at Caffe Reggio" *whoosh (sent noise)* I should get ready *Ding* 'yeah, see you there.' he actually agreed, "okay, see you there :)" Okay, now to decide what to wear...

~~~

I'm heading to Caffe Reggio, I'm just wearing a casual outfit, I dont want to look too obvious. While I'm walking to the cafe I see a man staring at me from a distance when I get closer the man looks familiar, 'Is that the worker... from the party, I went to a few days ago, it is!' It's the same worker from that building Noah picked me up from, there's someone with him... oh no... the guy with him, is the same guy that was creepy and followed me to the elevator. How do they know where I live? Who are these guys? What do they want from me?

End of chapter 7.