[9] The time traveler's piggy

That early morning, [M/N] had been woken up to the sound of driving cars entering the Mystery Shack's backyard to set up the totally legal amusement rides and bootleg stuff animals. [M/N] showered and made sure to scrub his hair and wash completely, mostly to be alone with his thoughts longer and not think about how he had to be watching Dipper flirt with Wendy. Once he was dressed for the weather, a black shirt with a stripe going down the middle and black shorts with some black shoes. He leaves to help set up and make sure they look okay to the public. 

It was still early and maybe Stan was barely up around this time to sign dumb things or yell at people to move rides. But it helped [M/N] think of excuses to avoid Dipper and Wendy, it was a rational thing to do, right?

I can't hang out because I have homework
Stan needs me to be a food server person
Dipper, every time I see you with her I get jealous I think, maybe I like you too but-

"Morning [M/N]!" Mabel yells into [M/N]'s ear with a smile as the other yelps. "You're up so earrrrly!"

"Because he's doing his job Mabel, like you, I mean, your brother even volunteered to be the first dummy on a ride." Grunkle Stan said as he walked over, dressed in his usual scammer outfit. "There she is, Mabel; the cheapest fair money can rent. I spared every expense." Grunkle Stan laughs happily as he looked at the cheap fair rides being put up and the sound of something snapping above them causes him to glance only to see Dipper in a sky tram falling. He lands roughly on the ground, "think the sky tram is broken. Also, most of my bone.." He groans painfully.

"Haha, this guy. Alright, alright. I've got a job for you two."Grunkle Stan chuckled as [M/N] shakes his head and opened the sky tram's cart door, Dipper groaned painfully as he came out and rubbed his limbs. "I printed up a bunch of fake safety inspection certificates. Go slap one on anything that looks like a lawsuit." Grunkle stan said as he held out unofficial A+ certificates that he printed online to them. "Grunkle Stan, is that legal?" Mabel asked as she held her stack of papers. 

"When there are no cops around, anything's legal!" Stan laughs as he walked toward Soos to check on the faulty dunking tank. [M/N] looked at them and slammed the first one on the Ferris wheel, it looked pretty...okay. He kept moving around, placing them on the rides and anything that looked so close to falling apart before hearing steps coming towards him. 

"Hey, are you going to do anything here? Like...you know some ride advisor or something?" Dipper asked as he smiles at his friend, "I was wondering a bit later on if we could play some games or something...eat dinner together if you want." Dipper offered, hanging out with Wendy won't be that long he assumed and Mabel would most likely crash out from festival food again.

"No thanks, I have work Dipper, Grunkle Stan would get on my ass about it." [M/N] said as he fixed the A+ on the Mystery Dog truck. 

"Okay..." Dipper said, as he stuffed his hands into his pocket, eyebrow raised at his friend's attitude, "Is something the matter dude? Did I do something?" Dipper asked as [M/N] chewed on his lower lip a bit. "[M/N] please tell me what I did."

"You did nothing, just...leave me alone." [M/N] grumbled, walking away towards another cheap amusement scam. Dipper sighs, watching him walk away. He had no idea what he did, maybe Dipper could apologize for it or even offer to win him something, like a cool dude.

Yeah, I am a cool dude! Dipper thought happily, Maybe I should do that!

Dipper smiles but then notices Wendy Walk inside, he smiles as a thought came by and shattered the first two. Maybe I should ask Wendy if she wants to hang out at the fair!