preview

~

It all felt like a dream.
I never thought that love would have this kind of effect on me.

~

Hi. My name is Layla Santiago. I am 17 years old. I live with mom and my older brother Jaden... and when I say older I mean he's 10 months older than me making us be in the same year as each other. We weren't always as close as we are now, he used to be annoying and rude. Now he's annoying and funny 🤠. I love him, he's annoying but I love him... plus we tell each other everything... Anyway, moving on, we also have a cat her name is Kayla- I named her that when I was a little kid so we could rhyme. Yes me and the cat-

We live in a quite nice house I would say for a single mom, she's not around much, it's very suburban and modern here. We recently moved to Massachusetts because of moms work... annnd my trouble in school. I've never been one to "fit in" in my previous schools. In my first school it was great, I was popular I had friends boyfriends but there was this one girl who I got in a fight with cause she fucked my boyfriend and the fight "was so serious" that I got kicked out of school- My mom was not happy but then she never is.

In the other schools I got kicked out in similar ways. Some would call me a trouble maker, but deep down I'm just sick of moving. It kinda became the norm for me after a while. Every year new job, new friends, new state, new school.

Eventually I gave up trying to make friends. That takes me to my new school. 4,500 kids from small to big, blonde to brunette, September babies to August, all in one prison for the year.

This year I made it my mission to be better, for mom and Jaden and for myself, better grades, better relationships although this time I promised myself "if I don't talk to anyone then no harm can be done" no friends = no trouble. And obviously I made it my number one priority to NOT fall in love.

That was until I met him.

~