Knuckles POV

This chapter is on knuckles side of the story so far. Part of it might answer some questions about certain parts of the story.
Enjoy

The crisp cool air feels nice across my face as I get out of my car in front of my new house. As far as I can tell this town is very beautiful during the fall. "Well well hello my old friend" I hear a male voice say. I turn to see Shadow smiling walking up the driveway. "It's been what? 30 years my friend?" "Yes it has been too long man." Shadow laughs. I do the same. "Want to go to the store man?" "You mean that store?" Shadow nods. "Let's go" I said. Shadow parks his car a bit far from the store. "Sorry the fall festival is coming to town so parking is a bitch right now." Shadow said as we get out of the car. We started walk when something catches my eye through the café window. "Wow she's beautiful" I say to myself as I watch a very stunning pink hedgehog pour a cup of coffee for one of the customers. Her smile shines through the crowd as she takes orders. Her emerald eyes filled with pure kindness and she has the pure aura around her. I feel my heart flutter and felt something deep inside of me I never felt before. The next thing I knew it there was a loud crash and I see her collapse. I knew I had something to do with it so I ran to catch up with Shadow. "Did I just unknowingly mark her?!" I thought to myself freaking out.

The following day I decided to go into the café just as I heard the owner yell at the beautiful hedgehog and fired her. I felt bad for her since she was just doing her job and customers loved her. I get up and leave heading back to my home feeling guilty. A little while later I toss and turn on my bed couldn't sleep something felt wrong and I leave my house. I came up to what look like a club and see her pinned to the wall by a male hawk and female wolf tracing a knife up her leg. The next thing I knew it I pulled them both away and started beating them both up flashing my fangs at them. The two run away and I hear "Thank...you" I turn my head slightly my eyes glowing a blueish purple before I ran away knowing she's safe. Deep down I hope she didn't see my face.

I invited shadow over to tell him what had happened last night. He tells me he might know who I was talking about and that it was almost time to meet his friends. I nodded and get up following him. Once we arrived I stayed back a bit and came in when Shadow step aside. My eyes look around the group but stopped at a pink hedgehog. "It's her!" I thought. Shadow's friends introduced themselves as she sits quietly like she was lost in her own mind. "Girl hello?" Her bat friend said snapping her fingers. "Let me try" I said walking up to her. "And you are?" I said and watch her jump as she looked up. She held out her hand and stuttered. "I-I'm Amy rose..... but please call me Amy...." "It's a pleasure to meet you ms rose" I smile and take her hand which felt so soft against my lips. Her cheeks started turning pink. "God her eyes are like rare emeralds. Her beauty is limitless. She's so close yet so far away." I think as I walk back to Shadow. After we left the building Shadow stopped and asked me. "Was that her?" I nodded. "Yes she was the one I saved last night."

It's been two weeks since I saw her and met with Shadow's friends a part of me wants to see her again. I felt someone bump into me and stutter. "Omg I'm so sorry for bumping into knuckles!" She said. I tell her it's alright and the next thing I know it she's showing me around the town. I even treated her to lunch. Once I walked her back home I had to ask her and she said yes. I was over the moon and couldn't wait until tomorrow's date. The only problem is.....

Should I tell her I'm a vampire?