There's something you should know

I was getting ready to host my first ever Christmas party and with my new soon to be husband too. I clip in my silver hoop earrings in front of the vanity mirror table. In the corner of the mirror i see the love of my life standing at the doorway smiling at me. "You know it's rude to linger in doorways~" I flirted. "Sorry was just in tranced by your beauty~" he said walking up and leans down to kisses my neck from behind. "Our guest will be arriving in a hour want to make love really quick?~" I purred. "And ruin your hair and make up that you unnecessarily needed to fix because you are already the most beautiful woman in the world? Not right now." He chuckles. But I can see something was on his mind. "Knuckles please be honest with me what is going on?" I asked. He sighs and stands back up. "Ames there's something else I haven't told you...." "What is it?" I asked as he sits on the cushion bench at the foot of our bed. "Julie Sue wasn't just my ex girlfriend she was my ex-fiancée.... But I didn't ask her to marry me it was arranged....." "arranged?" "Yes arranged..... I was with her for a few years but I never had that connection with her and I was unhappy. I thought this is what my parents wanted but I soon discovered that it was a lie..... I found out through Shadow's father the king that our arrangement was annulled solely because it was a bad match because my parents saw the darkness in her heart and did not want me to be with such a woman. I was so angry that I confronted her and her father...... they wanted my riches...." "Riches?" "I'll explain that here soon... but this is what happened.....

*Flashback*

KNUCKLES WAIT!" "Stay away from me Sue!" I yelled as i continued to walk away from a estate. "Please Knuckles's for the sake of our families!" "You mean your family my family died at the hands of selfish mortals! You and your family played me for a fool Sue! No wonder I have never connected with you it's because your not my true mate and your heart is dark!" I continue to walk until i reached the gate. "YOU WILL COME BACK HERE AND MARRY MY DAUGHTER KNUCKLES!" Apcot her father yells and i extended my middle finger at them both. "FUCK YOU AND YOUR NARCISSISTIC FAMILY!" I yelled and drove off.

*end flashback*

"I left and headed back to my home informing my brother that I was moving to the same town as Shadow to get away from her family. My brother decided to come along since he can do his job from a far....." I watch him sigh. "Amy..... I'm not a phlebotomist specialist...... I'm a marquee....and my brother is the Duke of vampires...." "Your royal?" He nods. "And she wanted to marry you to earn the duchess title?" He nods again looking down like he did something wrong. "I'm sorry for keeping this from you I understand of you need time to process this..." he said. "And that bitch as the galls to say you lowered your expectations of a woman?! She's awful! Glad you found me huh?" I smiled and see him smirked. "So you're not surprised that I'm royal." "I actually figured it out last night." I smiled. "How?" I pulled out a old medallion of the family crest. "I looked up the crest" I smile and he relaxed. "Why didn't you say anything?" "Because you weren't ready to tell me and I wanted to wait until you were." He smiles walking over to me. "Can you get any more wonderful?" He asked and kisses me. We here the doorbell ring. "Shall we?~" I smiled getting up and dust off my dark blue dress. He wraps his arm around mine and pats my hand with my ring. "Lead the way" he said and kisses my ring as we head out of our room. We open the doors smiling greeting our wonderful friends inside. Knuckles and I were relived when Sonic, Sally, or Julie Sue didn't show up and we were gonna have a drama free party.

Unfortunately we spoke to soon.