#5

My figure reflected at the arrow I sharpen. Color darker than the night's sky. The sound of liquid babbling playing in the background along to Amber's humming.

"Hey, finished with the arrows?" Amber's voice cut through my thoughts, bringing my mind back to reality.

"Oh, just a bit more to go" I answered "hey, umm... I was wondering... did you really mean what you said last night?"

"Yes. Diamond, I love you.... with all my heart" she replied.

I looked at her, wide eyed. Words couldn't leave my mouth, my brain couldn't process what the woman in front of me just said.

Such a simple sentence....

"Come on, why are you staring at me like some fish? We should prepare" Amber said before chuckling a bit at the sight of me just blinking blindly

"I think.... I.... Love you too" I said quietly, barely even hearing myself, But she did.

Her eyes sparkled as she got closer to me. Her hand cupped my cheek as her lips got closer to mine.

"Can I..." Her voice sent shivers to my spine "...kiss you?"

"Yes" I replied quietly to her question.

Her head tilted to the side before her soft cherry lips pressed against mine. My heart is beating fast, as if it'll beat out of my chest as I cherished the moment before she pulled away with a soft smile on her lips.

"Your cute" she said quietly before moving the air from my face.

...

'I still love you my dear, and my love to you just go stronger with every day that passes by'

...